Antivir! The hell it causes.

Trainzer

Baseband Member
Okay, so I (my Dad's administrative profile) got infected badly with this crap. I'm going to get that Malwarebytes program that uninstall it for 24.95.

So, sounds good? I'm not infected, it's my Adminstrative profile on our family computer (Dad's) that got Antivir. So, I basically, I'm just asking if this full computer scan it does is for all users and if the removal works.

Cheers,
Joshua

You don't need to pay for Malwarebytes to scan and fix viruses on your computer if free. The PREMIUM version which has a few more features costs 24.95 but it isn't necessary. I would install Malwarebytes to get rid of the virus and then download Spybot S&D and AVG Free (if you need anti-virus). Hopefully this should fix your problem if the virus didn't bring onboard another virus or leave the system unprotected.

Antivir is a misleading anti-spyware application that reports false or exaggerated system security threats and infections to make you think that your computer is infected with malware.
1. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software
2. Install Malwarebytes' Anti-Mawlare program;
3. Follow the instructions and pick “default” options as those are the best options for you;
4. Choose to “Update” and “Launch” Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware during the installation process;
5. After the program is installed and updated, it will automatically launch;
6. If you feel it's necessary or if the update process failed during installation, then click “Update” once again in the software's homescreen;
7. Click “Scan” and make sure that it's a complete scan;
8. After the scan is complete, click to “Show Results”;
9. Mark all threats detected by Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and then click “Remove Selected”;
10. The threats will now be removed and you will have to restart your computer.

Back
Top Bottom