Need serious help

Chubbs1105

Beta member
Hi, Ive got a really bad situation on my hands.

I was looking to upgrade my graphics card to be able to play games on max settings like SC2, APB, and other games. I have a HP E9220y and it came with a ATI 4350. So i went out and bought a ATI HD 5850. I have no idea what im doing with computer insides and made a horrible mistake. The E9220y power supply isent enough for the 5850. At this point, after spending this much money i just want to get Computer smart peoples advice.

I dont know what to do. Im not sure what else i can do. I just want the most out of my buck at this point. I want to be able to play these games at max setting and not worry about the computer. So i ask you guys, What do you reccomend me doing? buying a new computer and then adding the 5850 to it is the only thing i could think of. ANY advice would be great.
Thanks.

Sounds like you just need to upgrade the Power Supply, the card will work with the motherboard so just get a 550W Power Supply like this one.

Edit: Welcome to CF

VINMAN46 said:
why suck a expensive 500 w?
Good catch Vinman46, I was just going with Thermaltake.

You will have to pull all the power wires out and redo them. Since you're a little new to computers and building, remember where each type of connector goes so when you replace the Power supply, so everything gets plugged in properly. When I first took my laptop apart to put a red gloss paint on it, I drew multiple pictures of the laptop and where each screw and component went. When putting it back together, I had pretty little pictures to compare to.

Awsome! thanks a ton guys. Ill prob go with the second one, Although it is very big compared to the one i have now. ill have to measure to see if it will fit into the power supply slot.

sweet, thanks a ton guys. I gave myself a pretty nasty headache haha. When i get it and install it ill let you guys know how it went!
thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom