vBulletin 4 discussion thread.

What will be the advantages for this upgrade? I don't think we need to upgrade just for the sake of upgrading.

^ You're kind of late. People have already begun making donations.

But to answer your question: Upgrading to vB4 will put us on the edge with other forums. We'll be able to use the latest of mods (including a wiki) which should make the forum appeal more to new members.

^ You're kind of late. People have already begun making donations.

But to answer your question: Upgrading to vB4 will put us on the edge with other forums. We'll be able to use the latest of mods (including a wiki) which should make the forum appeal more to new members.

And who exactly will be writing this wiki?

Most of the newer guys haven't been here long enough to remember anything from years past.

The wiki is not about CF. The wiki is about computers. I assume we'll have anyone write articles. Moderators will decide what is good and what is not. It's not something that's going to happen overnight. People will have to be patient and let the information accumulate over time.

Just like Wikipedia, anyone can submit changes. However, this feature can be locked, so let's say User1 create a new wiki article on overclocking a specific processor, User2 can come along and change that information if they have more knowledge of the subject and add tip bits, as could User3,4,etc. Mod1 can lock it a certain point to keep the information as is. At least that's how other Wiki's work.

How would we even begin to coordinate that? Its roughly 14,000 posts until 1 million. We probably get 500/day?

I don't mean exactly on 999,999th post, I mean just its so close anyway by the time its setup and live it will be very close anyway, just a good co-incidence I think!

Ok I'm hoping to download and being testing it myself sometimes towards the end of the week and hoping to go live the week after. Keep the donations coming people!

Back
Top Bottom