Why can't i uninstall Ubuntu 10.04?? help please!

banyanbraid

Solid State Member
I went to Ubuntu's website and installed the Ubuntu the quick way. That is, I used the wubi Windows Installer instead of partitioning my hard drive and running the Windows 7 that came installed with my computer and Ubuntu. Now I've been reading that it is a better to burn Ubuntu to a CD,

Since I installed Ubuntu through the wubi Windows installer, the ubuntu website says I should be able to go to "Programs and Features" in the Control Panel and uninstall Ubuntu as i would with any other application. But Ubuntu does not show up on my list of programs. How do I uninstall it without wiping out my hard drive and reinstalling Windows 7? Somebody please help! All input is appreciated.

Thanks

nope its not there either. I dunno what's going on because I uninstalled it just as instructed in the past

Press F3 whilst on the Desktop.
Do a search for 'Ubuntu'.
If it comes up with a folder, see if uninstall is in there somewhere.

i tried that too :( . When I was using the wubi installer, I allocated 12 gigs of space for ubuntu and the ubuntu folder in my c drive is 12 gigs big. But I cant find an uninstall file in there anywhere.

I already have a restore point from before I installed Ubuntu. You think that might be better?

I just thought of something. I restored my system after I installed Ubuntu. the reason i restored it is because an nvidia beta driver messed up my audio so i restored it. do you think that has anything to do with it?

I don't think that the beta drivers would effect your ubuntu install. I would recommend that you do a restore and then do the install of ubuntu from the livecd.

Cheers!

That's not going to remove it from the master boot record. Did you install the Wubi (Windows) Installer? i.e. did you put the disc in with Windows running and install Ubuntu? If you did, and you've already uninstalled it and it still shows on the boot up options then install EasyBCD. When you have that installed and up, click on the add/remove entries option on the left hand side, then select Ubuntu and click delete.

Back
Top Bottom