gateway

shadydawg

Baseband Member
i have a gateway t series laptop an am having power problems with it..when i plug in the adter to the outlet in the wall the lil green light stays on like it usually would do..but here is my problem kwhen i plug it into the laptop i notice the light on the adapter starts blinking an i smell like somthing it starting to burn in the laptop from the area where the charger is connected to...i was wondering if there is something wrong with the adapter where as its not breaking the voltage down to the recommended voltage needed for the laptop an it sending to much or there is a problem on the board

The power plug being a failure point in notebooks is a common problem for a lot of laptops by different vendors. Your best bet is that if it's still under warranty is tell Gateway about it, otherwise you'll need to find a friend who is good with a soldering iron and has patience. STOP using the laptop until you get this fixed, otherwise you could short out the motherboard or cause a fire.

The power plug being a failure point in notebooks is a common problem for a lot of laptops by different vendors. Your best bet is that if it's still under warranty is tell Gateway about it, otherwise you'll need to find a friend who is good with a soldering iron and has patience. STOP using the laptop until you get this fixed, otherwise you could short out the motherboard or cause a fire.

ok thanks for the reply..does that mean i have to change that part where the adapter is go into the back of the laptop..or just take it out an resolder it back in??

one of my best friends had a gateway he wanted me to fix turns out it was the same problem just his when he tried to charge it his started pouring smoke out from the power plug but the laptop itself still worked. He gave it to me turns out that gateway didnt use solid capacitors and the ones for the charger had exploded on the inside causing the smoke to pour out of it, so i guess many gateways have this problem i would suggest sending it back.

Back
Top Bottom