Random Chit Chat

Well this is annoying... Is there any way to leave netflix fullscreen on one monitor while browsing on another?

Is there anything similar to iDisplay for android? I'm thinking about getting an Apad to use as a glass cockpit for flight simulator.

I think I created a thread a while back about my dads laptop getting water spilled on it and it getting ruined. Well we just got a call from the store saying that it was clearly liquid damage and it wasn't covered and would cost 300$ to fix when that is basically what we paid for it in the first place. So I am now going to bring it home piece it out and see if I can get it working by some miracle. Failing that I will just take the ram out and see if it will work in another laptop since in my house there are several ram deficient laptops and maybe throw the drive into one of these. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3195233&CatId=2781

So I have a fun weekend ahead of me I guess. Best case scenario I will have another working laptop but hopefully I will come out of the whole thing with at least a working hard drive to convert into external usb drive.

Even if I cannot salvage anything from this laptop at least I will gain some experience in repairing laptop hardware which I know very little about :)

Man Holysky why did you have to ask that, now I'm gonna go nuts tryin to figure this out.... :mad:

From the screenshots of the new VB4 though, you can post video's into threads which could be really cool

did anyone specifically tell you that it covered water damage or do the terms and conditions mention it?

I don't really know. My dad bought it january of last year and bought extra coverage which apparently didn't cover water damage. I don't think he read the fine print but I had a hunch they didn't cover it. From my experience with extended warranties the guy selling the stuff usually doesn't say specifically what it does and doesn't cover. They usually just say something along the lines of " If you get the extended coverage if anything happens to it over this 3 year period it's covered" Then it usually isn't the same guy you are dealing with when you go to get service on the return.

[/rant] I personally had an experience where I bought 5 year warranty on a mp3 cd walkman I bought in 2003 that supposedly would cover a REPLACEMENT if something were to go wrong with it. In 2004 something did go wrong and of course it was a different guy I dealt with and they said the coverage I had bought covered a repair then failing that a replacement. So I sent it in waited the 2 week period they said it would take and they returned it still broken then I took it back again same thing but a different problem was wrong. This went on from nov 2004 to april of 2005 all the while I had no music to listen to away from home except old cassetes which was torture. And low and behold they returned it in working order but went through a set of batteries in 3 hours. So I gave up completely and bought an mp3 player.
[/rant]

@TENY

I'll be in Denver with my church for a week coming up on Sunday. We'll be working with homeless people through the DOOR organization. I have no idea what you look like, but I've always thought it'd be so hilarious if the law of odds lost and one us forum goers met randomly some place and never knew it (or did!). I thought about J when I was passing through LA a few weeks ago. And actually, I just stayed in Aurora a few weeks ago on that same vacation, but I didn't remember you were there. Haha. Just thought I'd share that tidbit.

OMG I just cancelled my order on the patriot RAM and found some gskill stuff for $3 more with amazing specs!!! Look at those timings and that voltage!!! I'll easily be able to take it up to 2000MHz. This along with my $449 gtx 480 is my best find yet

Back
Top Bottom