vBulletin 4 discussion thread.

It is indeed Tom, I just hope the Mod panel is just a tad bit more efficient!!!
Yes, me too. It would be nice to have some 1-click options for banning users and things like that. With it being the latest version I'm sure things will be a lot better to make our jobs a little easier.

I've got banning spammers down to few second process.
after I've highlighted and copied the name

click Ctrl+v [tab] [tab] p [tab] s p a m [return]

it's mostly muscle memory now with now thought at all...

also tend to search through all the users posts, open them in new tabs and instead of moving individual threads just highlight all the posts, be they new threads or replies then close the tab and move onto the next. (the selections are preserved after the tab is closed).

then at the last tab of spam scroll down to the bottom and select move posts [go (x)] (where x is the number of highlighted posts) and just shift them all en-mass.

If you got it down to all that, you're gonna love this.
attachment.php

And I would suggest bringing on Cabbs as a mod since he already knows how to use the VB4 mod functions.

I'm pretty confident that setishock wasn't genuinely trying to insult anyone. He honestly thinks it would be a good idea to bring Cabbs on. Maybe there are a few tricks that would save time, who knows? Lowndsey just made a storm out of a droplet of water.

David, are you at all interested in the wiki mod for vB4?

If you got it down to all that, you're gonna love this.
attachment.php

And I would suggest bringing on Cabbs as a mod since he already knows how to use the VB4 mod functions.

I like the look of that...

frankly anything to make things easier.

I'm pretty confident that setishock wasn't genuinely trying to insult anyone. He honestly thinks it would be a good idea to bring Cabbs on. Maybe there are a few tricks that would save time, who knows? Lowndsey just made a storm out of a droplet of water.

Agreed.

Agreed.

In Lowndsey's defense, I wouldn't say he made a storm out of a droplet of water, Not at all. You can sugar coat it any way one want's, But there ain't a VB version or otherwise that I or any of the other mods probly can't figure out in a short amount of time...Then again, That is also dependent on ones desire to learn it. So yes, I can completely see how one would take offense to that, And I can ALSO see Setishock's good intentions as I've known the guy since the early days of CF and I know he wouldn't mean otherwise. However, You have to take a backseat and see how ALL parties will take it.

Back
Top Bottom