Catalyst Control Center 10-7 for XP Pro continually Fails install. Help?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
Well I installed XP Pro on my lappie to fix the ram probs, i got every thing set up quickly with gateway support, also found out which of 7000 gateway clones mine was, and found a new problem.

So i got the video drivers from Gateway, but i oculdnt adjust them because the catalyst utillity was missing, so i downloaded the new 10-7 from amd.com and installed it, or so i though:

I clicked on custom, chose net work2, unchecked LoR(WHICH STILL INSTALLED ANYWAYS, UGH), and checked Catalyst stuff. It installed .net framework 2.0, and Lord of the rings :mad: and got half way through the catalyst stuff and i get this error: Install Abort!:Install Package error. So i re install, and the same error happens every time.

How do i fix it? Do i simply re downlaod it?

Thx ahead.

I would download the installer package again, and I'm not sure why you're having LoR installed, you should be able to do a custom install and remove that option from being installed.

If all else fails, uninstall the drivers and check for the failed installer files on your C Drive, then run the system as a Standard Graphics Adapter (VGA). Download a program called DriverCleanerPro and set the filters for multiple and select all of the ATI ones. Clean those drivers off the system.

Next, make sure that .net 2.0 is still installed and then install the Catalyst software FIRST, driver SECOND.

I run into this issue on my XP systems from time to time.

If you can't find the DriverCleanerPro program, reply back and I'll post a copy that I have. (It's Freeware for the basic version)

Back
Top Bottom