Can my employer see what I am downloading on their network?

suprascooby22

Beta member
I will be leaving the country for 90 days and the only internet access I will have will be thru my employer. I like to download music and movies using bitorrent and various torrent sites. What I need to know is if my employer can see what I am downloading and sharing if I hook up thru their network. Now to be clear I will NOT be going to any websites on their network as I can get a decent wireless signal from a nearby cafe. I need the work network in order to download anything as the wireless signal I can get will not download or share anything with any sort of speed. Will my employer be able to see what bitorrent is seeding and leeching and will they be able to see a list of the websites I have been to even if I never search the web on their network?
Thanks for any assistance.

The downloading of music and most torrents is illegal, so we cannot be of assistance.

I would get what you need before you leave. But be careful with copyrighted stuff. Just make backups of what you already have. ;)

Rule of thumb, if you download it through their connection, they can see it and they WILL see it due to the data bandwidth intensive nature of BT. You'd have to check with them to see what is allowed, but above all else, stop pirating. I'll refrain from my usual tirade about pirates in here since Infection has already set a precedent.

I wouldn't dl shit on my employers network or put anything on my employers PC which I remotely thought was questionable.

Back
Top Bottom