World of Warcraft Computer!

MlgKa1z3r

Solid State Member
I'm trying to build a medium budget computer to play World of Warcraft on! This is the first computer I will be building. I've priced parts off Newegg.com and so far I'm at 700.00 worth of parts. Here is a list of what I have so far:

1. Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (54.99)

2. Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3320418AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (44.99)

3. Intel Core2 Duo E7500 Wolfdale 2.93GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor BX80571E7500 (117.99)

4. XFX GT240XZNFC GeForce GT 240 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card (94.99)

5. ASUS P5QL/EPU LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard (79.99)

6. CORSAIR XMS2 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model CM2X1024-6400 (29.99 x 2)

7. CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply (89.99)

8. LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 24X DVD Writer (29.99)

9. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM (99.99)

I'll be playing on my 40” Samsung so I don't need a monitor at the moment. I'm looking for recommendations as far as: Better and Cheaper Parts, If I'm missing anything, and if this is a good build or not. Thank you for your help!

Good choice in parts. I see a lot of Intel on these forums :( haha. Anyway, I would personally get some more RAM for Windows 7, although it will run fine on 2GB, 4GB of this ram will suite you better and it's only $29.99 more than what you're going to pay

I would suggest buying from tigerdirect.com because you can you bing and save another 15% off. I also saved money from tax which they charge for nj.

Actually, tigerdirect.com is comparable to newegg.com, you're looking at lower quality products and that's why the price is cheaper. Apples to apples, tigerdirect.com is only a few dollars (literally) cheaper. However, Newegg.com is offering free shipping so which do you want to pay?

Example:
Tigerdirect RAM Price: W/Shipping+Tax $122.78
Newegg RAM Price: No shipping... $119.99

Good Point on the shipping vs. no shipping. I'll shop around some more. Is that everything I'll need though? Like I said this is my first time building a CPU so I really have no idea what I'm doing.

well if you use bing cash back you can save 15% on most items. Shipping for Ram is prob 2-3 dollars. so final cost is about 103 vs 120 on newegg.

You have everything you need except a mouse and keyboard which I assume you already have. Building the rig is pretty easy, it's going to be a little of a challenge the first go around, but you're not going to mess anything up by being a noob. Just don't force anything! haha Your chip will fit a certain way, which you'll notice by the PIN's on the bottom, the heatsink should be attached already but if not, is easy enough to slap on. The RAM only goes on one way, and the video card I'm sure you'll be fine installing along with the PSU, HD and DVD. Any questions when you get it just ask.

Edit: For me, the hardest part is getting the motherboard in the case just because of the screws you have to get behind it or spacers, really that's the hardest part, everything else just goes right together.

Yes I have a budget of 700. Any good wireless mice or keyboards out there particularly for gaming? I have the ol' budget cheapo deapo kind. What is the bing 15% deal?

Also VINMAN besides brand names like Intel Vs AMD what is the difference in what you recommended vs the stuff I picked out? I'm up for criticism as this if my first build.

Back
Top Bottom