Please Read.

For me, the lowest was about 86 kbps and the highest was 116 kbps
It was at 9:30 Eastern time (this isn't a very scientific test though because internet connection speed can influence it)

I'd really hate to think I'm done with this place, But I have got to say this is by far the longest stretch (Nearly a week) I've had to go with the site being flat out ridiculously slow and or not accessible. This is at MOST times of the day with a few sparse pockets where it loads slow enough just to make 1 post.

At any rate, I certainly hope this gets resolved, and resolved soon.

It is 11:40PM CST and the forum is ridiculously slow once again. Downloaded test zip file at 150kB, HOWEVER, it took WELL OVER ONE MINUTE for the download to even pop up with the save box (this was not the case when the forum was operating at normal speed earlier in the day when I downloaded the test files; the file DL speed then was the same as just now, without the delay from the download window).

I don't think monitoring download speeds is an accurate way of measuring the forum's performance. There's too many variables involved. To be quite honest, we all know that the server is most likely at fault, so let's just fix that. I guess, David could try tweaking some of the settings, but I doubt that will change anything. Money will have to be spent.

To demonstrate that I do care, as everyone seems to want it so bad I'm willing to upgrade to vb4. It appears the license is $195, so lets see if we can get some donations in to paypalpayments@lindonnetworks.com

I'll try to give you 30 bucks if I can work something out with PayPal. I've done transactions with them before in the past but now it seems like they want me to link my bank account just to transfer the amount to you.

To be frank, I'm not linking my bank account to PayPal for 30 goddamn dollars.

Back
Top Bottom