Unrar a file

Celticsfan

Banned
I have only unrar a file once but I have a question. Is all I have to go is create a folder the unrar the 1st file and then the rest will follow forming 1 file. Is this correct? Can someone verify this for me plz?

thx

Not quite sure what you're asking - but it behaves the same way as a zip archive (it's just a better compression format.) Grab something like 7zip (free) which will handle all the extraction for you.

Are there multiple .rar files, or files named .001 .002 .003 etc?
Just select them all and right click and select Extract with Winrar

Not quite sure what you're asking - but it behaves the same way as a zip archive (it's just a better compression format.) Grab something like 7zip (free) which will handle all the extraction for you.

If there are say 20 files don't i have to extract the first one only and the rest extract by themselves? If that is the case only the 1st one did. Do I have to do all individually?

thx

If there are say 20 files don't i have to extract the first one only and the rest extract by themselves? If that is the case only the 1st one did. Do I have to do all individually?

thx

No, click and drag to select all of them, then rightclick and extract them all at once. Winrar will automatically combine them. They are one archive broken up into smaller pieces. Don't ask me why they did this, something with the old usenet downloads, I don't know.

No, click and drag to select all of them, then rightclick and extract them all at once. Winrar will automatically combine them. They are one archive broken up into smaller pieces. Don't ask me why they did this, something with the old usenet downloads, I don't know.

I am doing what you are saying but it only does 1 file only.

What options do i use for update mode, overwrite mode and misc? the file are x00, x01, x02, x03 all the up to x44 and then ends with rar. What am i doing wrong?

thx

Back
Top Bottom