KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR - 0x0000007A

ak47kgb

Baseband Member
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but please hear me out.

So I have this relatively new computer (about 3-5 months old...not exactly new but not old either). Last Monday it was working perfectly fine, then I left for about 3 days to stay with my cousin's. Now when I got back, the computer was acting strange. After about 15-20 mins of being "normal", it would just suddenly freeze, and the yellow/orange light indicator would be on (when it's busy?), and my devices wouldn't work. The monitor doesn't pick up information from the tower, the mouse and the keyboard stops working.

I have to restart to get it to work again, and then after 20 mins the process starts over. IDK what's wrong. My family was home the entire time I was gone, so it wasn't like the house/room was poorly ventilated (had airconditioning on). The only thing that I can think of that *might've* done some damage was that I interrupted the monthly "hardware diagnostic" by terminating the program (did I screw up on that one?).

I wasn't paying much attention, but when I did, I saw that my PC BSOD'd with that STOP error message.

Anyways, IDK what to do, I don't even know what the problem is. I'm reluctant to open the tower case because I am no expert on this, and might do further damage. Is there any way to check what's wrong without opening the case?

Windows 7

I was googling my problem, and some suggests that it might be caused by a huge SATA HD? Mine is 1 TB. I don't know if that's the case though. Something about having a huge HDD and coming off of sleep mode causes some kind of error. My computer automatically went to sleep mode, until about last week when I decided to turn sleep mode off. It didn't have problems before or immediately after then (or maybe it did, I just didn't know b/c I was out).

From what I've read, it could be that the hard drive has a bad sector on it, but highly doubt that with the age of the computer. What AV Software do you have? I also read that this could be caused by a virus.

just a hunch, is there a possibility you could have had a power surge while you were gone or was it unplugged

From what I've read, it could be that the hard drive has a bad sector on it, but highly doubt that with the age of the computer. What AV Software do you have? I also read that this could be caused by a virus.

I haven't gotten around to installing a decent AV software yet. I had the 3 month trial of Norton and it ended just recently, so I haven't found time to install a new one yet

just a hunch, is there a possibility you could have had a power surge while you were gone or was it unplugged

That's what I'm thinking. But I have a surge protector, and it's plugged in 24/7.

I just hope it's not a hardware problem. I am absolutely clueless when it comes to hardware. Some people I asked even said that the motherboard might be toast? :(

I did an HDD check using the Windows "Error Check" (after restarting of course), and it said it was fine (Volume Clean).

Also, I ran the Hardware Diagnostic software again, did the System Test and Motherboard test which covers a lot of things (memory, CPU, HDD, PCI slots), and they all passed.

It's not the motherboard, in the M$ site I found that it's one of the following:
First though, please start the computer in safe mode by pressing F8 before Windows starts to load and select safe mode.

1. Bad sector on the harddrive:
A. You can check this by opening a command prompt in safe mode and typing CHKDSK to run a check disk to see if there's anything wrong with the drive.

2. Virus:
A. Download and install Comodo Internet Security suite and run that in safe mode as well.
B. Download and install Malwarebytes Antimalware and run that in safe mode.

3. Failing RAM
A. If the above steps didn't work, then it is a hardware failure, although my money is on Virus, as, if you don't have an antivirus/firewall combo, statistically, you will be attacked with a virus within 24 hours.

Try 1 and 2 and get back to us.

So I did A, and it was fine, other than a 16 KB of bad sector. Can that be the problem? How do I fix that?

Back
Top Bottom