1978 Ford f150 restoration

haha, too bad your nowhere around here, I'd give you my friends number. he does it as a job, does some VERY high quality work.
And we chose black for the paint. keep in mind we have another front end and mirrors that are plain chrome, the 2nd set you see here we sprayed black to see how it looks. The plan is this: 38in swampers. 6in skyjacker with a 3in body lift.
1979-Ford-F150-Pickup-15855066-831.jpg

I'm going to kill someomeone. :mad:
We put the lift kit on the truck finally, and left it in the driveway overnight. Get up the next morning and some a**hole spraypainted "SUCK MY D**k" on both sides of the truck from bumper to bumper with red rust paint, and whacked a dent in the hood. :mad: I'd post a picture of the damage but its not very, ah, family oriented.

I'm thinking very strongly of selling the truck, as I need a little cash to fix up the fiancee's Mustang. Hate to see her go but its that or the Trans Am, and I LOVE that car. I might look into another project soon to pick away at...
So We re-primed the car, and this is how we will leave it until we have a buyer. We're going to paint the truck whatever color the owner wants. sould be a good selling point :rolleyes:

Painting, round 2 here we go. Put the crome pieces back on incase its not going to be black again
P1010015-3.jpg

WTF! I hate when people disrespect property like that...

Did you have any wax on the paint?? I would think you could just sand down the top layer or something and patch it up.

WTF! I hate when people disrespect property like that...

Did you have any wax on the paint?? I would think you could just sand down the top layer or something and patch it up.

Yeah we were going to do that but it looks like they took a key or somethin along the passenger side, would have had to sand 3/4 of the paint off to fix it anyways, my friend the the painter figured itll be easier to just repaint the whole damn thing :(

Its funny because if they did it to the Trans Am instead my insurance would have paid for the new decals and paint job. but they HAD to pick the truck with no insurance on it yet. :mad: I was going to bring it to the MTO today and slap some plates on it too. I would have felt like some kind of pedophile driving a truck that proudly announced "SUCK MY D**K" down the highway lol...

I'm very much entertaining the idea of swapping the '79 f150 project for one of these bad boys:
2006 Ford F350 7.3L powerstroke diesel. no box, needs tires and breaks all round for safety. Should I go for it CF? :p
-195,000 km
-seems pretty clean inside, he claims it used to have a cherry picker on it, as it used to be a work truck for the hydro company
-drives like a dream, but the breaks are a little spongy
-The engine looks like its in nice shape, brand new batteries and starter
42455813.jpg

You were offered that as a straight up trade? It would be a nice truck, but it's not as cool as an F-150 with a 7.3... haha
Brakes are spongy, sure it doesn't just need to be bled?

You were offered that as a straight up trade? It would be a nice truck, but it's not as cool as an F-150 with a 7.3... haha
Brakes are spongy, sure it doesn't just need to be bled?

Yeah, he said he "might throw in some cash".. I'm going to say yes i think as long as he certifies he truck (the F-150 can pass safety so its only reasonable), fixes the brakes, AND negotiate in some cash. my F-150 is worth a fair bit of cash considering it is fully restored with a 7.3L IDI diesel and a suspension lift. Also being painted what ever color the buyer wants.

I'm not sure if the brakes just need to be bled or not... you have to push the pedal down almost to the floor to stop, and they seem a little sluggish reacting.

Sounds like they have air in the line. Brakes will squeal when the pads are worn as a warning before they ruin the rotors I think.

Back
Top Bottom