Google Chrome issue?

Gambetto

Beta member
Recently I've had an issue with downloading files in google chrome. Everything I download downloads as a .crx file and doesn't download. The status just sits on "starting...." and never starts.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I had this same issue with Chrome a while back. I had to completely uninstall chrome and then install again.

I had this same issue with Chrome a while back. I had to completely uninstall chrome and then install again.

I've tried that several times. The only thing I haven't done is download an older version of Chrome (using 5.xx now). Still no luck otherwise.

Ok I think I found the solution.

Right click on the folder where the files are being downloaded and go to properties.
Click on the security tab.
Go down to the Advanced Button.
Change Permissions
Add User and type Everyone
Give full control
Click Ok
Click Ok

See if that works.

Ok I think I found the solution.

Right click on the folder where the files are being downloaded and go to properties.
Click on the security tab.
Go down to the Advanced Button.
Change Permissions
Add User and type Everyone
Give full control
Click Ok
Click Ok

See if that works.

I don't even have an option for permissions, that's very odd. Yeah, I don't have a permissions option at all. I wonder if that's a windows xp pro option only? I have xp home.

Hmm Im using windows 7 so let me do some research how to do the permissions in XP Home.

Edit: Here's another way to do it. I also found a way to launch chrome with a .bat file that you can write in a test folder but let's try this first as that way is not convenient at all.

Back
Top Bottom