Building a new GAMING computer

What OS will you be installing?

ooo thank you for bringing that up! i wasnt sure i dont want vista, but for gaming people say XP....i am leaning towards windows 7, but linux is wavering in the background, if i had everything done today, and had the choice i would choose windows 7....what do you think would be best for gaming?

windows 7, its the latest and is pretty good... compared to vista at least, although XP is good, i'd personally go for 7

windows 7, its the latest and is pretty good... compared to vista at least, although XP is good, i'd personally go for 7

okay cool windows 7 it is, now im not really sure what an SSD does...?

and are all of my parts compatable?

I'd have to agree with madanchi, 7.

Edit: You posted before I could!
A solid state drive is much like RAM, it's memory but without the moving parts of a harddrive. Therefore, it's much faster than a harddrive and more reliable.

Well, if you have a big enough SSD, but you'll notice that SSD technology is still new so the sizes of the drives are small, the one you posted was only 80GB, which is pretty small in comparison. Yes, though, you could have a SSD without a normal harddrive.

Well, if you have a big enough SSD, but you'll notice that SSD technology is still new so the sizes of the drives are small, the one you posted was only 80GB, which is pretty small in comparison. Yes, though, you could have a SSD without a normal harddrive.

sorry im having trouble understanding...

basically i can have both an HDD and a SSD? but if i have a HDD then whats the point of a SSD?

A solid state drive is a hard drive, just different technology. It's way faster and more reliable because there's no mechanical parts to it, so there's no waiting for platters to spin and mechanical arms to read data. Having a SSD and a HD would just be like having two hard drives, a primary and a secondary. The primary being the OS so load times are next to nill, and everything else on the HD due to it's large storage capacity.

ok before i say goodbye, does my Mobo come with a decent processor or can i change it out for something else? im a little confused on the specs. i want the intel i7? is that what it has?

If money is no object, then I would get a ~128GB SSD for the OS, and then a Raid 10 array of 2TB Caviar Blacks.

But that's pretty expensive.

Back
Top Bottom