Help with hard drives

Everendless

In Runtime
Is this a good idea:

I want a SSD for my windows to be installed on so that I have fast response times. Is it a good idea to get a small SSD such as this to install Windows 7 Ultimate on, with all the drivers and such. Then have a large hard drives such as this to install all my games, and programs on? Or will that be dumb?

That is a good idea, yes. I can tell you though that Windows 7 Ultimate takes a LOT of hd space, so you may want to go a little larger, maybe 128GB

I know that. haha. So I dont have to install anything on the 1.5 tb hard drive? I just install the programs on it with no os?

I don't understand your question, you can't install programs without an OS... You'll need to install Win7 on the SSD as your primary and then you can either install the programs on the SSD for faster access or install them on the 1.5 to save space on the SSD for Win7

I think I know what to do. I was just asking if I had to install win7 on both of them, since I wont be booting from the 1.5tb hard drive. I'll be booting from the ssd only. I just dont have the money to buy a ssd big enough for all my games and programs plus win7.

Im simply going to buy a ssd such as this to install Windows 7 Ultimate on. No programs. Only the os and the drivers. Then i'll buy a large hard drive like this and install only programs and games on it.

I didn't know if I had to install Windows 7 on the hard drive. I thought I could use it like an external hard drive. But I thought wrong. Thanks for your help!

Yea you won't need to install Win7 on both HD's, only the primary. Then, you can make a "Program Files" folder on the 1.5 and when you install new programs, just make sure you designate that folder as the install directory. You're golden now.

Back
Top Bottom