Buying A New Computer

InfernoBG

Solid State Member
I am going to build a computer from Ecollegepc, because many people over at Gamefaqs recommended it to me and they are more knowledgeable than I am. (I do not have the time to build one myself, and frankly I do not want to do it myself, I know I would save a bunch of money if I built it myself though, I am willing to drop the extra cash) I have a few questions though, I will post the build below. First, I want to buy a Mid Tower not Full Tower case, there are a few Mid Tower Cases, but I want to know which one would you guys recommend for my build. Also is a 1000W PSU too much for this build as well as the stock heatsink? I was also wondering is a temperature display a waste of money, I like to monitor my Computer's performance but I dont know if it seems like a waste of money or not, as well as I am wondering whether to get an extended warranty. Price comes out to $2120, I am shooting for $2000-$2300. Thanks Guys!

2.80Ghz Intel Core i7-930 8MB Cache Quad-Core
Stock Intel LGA1156 Heatsink and Fan
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD5 (Intel X58, 3xPCI-E, 8xSATA2, 6xDDR3, 1394)
6GB (2GBx3) OCZ PC3 12800 DDR3 1600Mhz Memory Lifetime Warranty
2.0TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache Serial ATA300 (Major Brand)
10X LG WH10LS30K Blu-ray Disc Burner SATA Model Lightscribe w/Nero
1GB ATI Radeon HD5870 GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI (Major Brand)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
Apevia Black X-Dreamer 3 (4 5.25, 5 3.5) 3 Fans, Front Audio/USB/eSATA
1000watt Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000
Onboard LAN included
Wireless B/G/N PCI Adapter
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Ex
Internal All in 1 Card Reader
NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Control & Temperature Display
Wires and Cables ran behind case and tied up for maximum airflow
Standard 1 year parts and labor

I'd swap out the 5870 for a GTX 470, it performs equally to the 5870 for ~$100 less. You also get physx with an nvidia card (which is a gimmick but pretty neat anyways). You don't need the fan controller but it wont hurt to have it either. I'd recommend buying from newegg.com, they have really good prices and reliable customer service. I'll try to put another build together for you real quick.

I dont want to build it myself, I am looking to buy a prebuilt computer, also isnt the GTX 470 obnoxiously big? I am looking for a midtower case

CPU: i7-930
$289.99
Motherboard: eVGA X58 FTW3 E768
$249.99
GPU: eVGA GTX 470
$314.99
RAM: 3x2GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600
$169.99
PSU: Antec TPQ 1000W
$179.99
DVD: Sony Optiarc DVD Burner
$19.99
Harddrives: 3x Seagate 1TB in Raid 5
$224.97
Case: Coolermaster 690 II
$89.99
$99.99

Total: $1639.88

I dont want to build it myself, I am looking to buy a prebuilt computer, also isnt the GTX 470 obnoxiously big? I am looking for a midtower case

why dont you want to build it, its really easy and you can save a bunch of money

Explained it up at the top, would u really recommend a 470x over the 5870? From what I heard the 5870 far out performs it, also how many inches tall is classified as a mid tower? 16ish? Because i was looking at the Apevia cases I have read mixed reviews about all of the mid tower cases but I dont really know which to go with. (Any info would be nice)

Explained it up at the top, would u really recommend a 470x over the 5870? From what I heard the 5870 far out performs it, also how many inches tall is classified as a mid tower? 16ish? Because i was looking at the Apevia cases I have read mixed reviews about all of the mid tower cases but I dont really know which to go with. (Any info would be nice)

The 5870 was faster at first but newer nvidia drivers have improved the performance a ton. anything 18 inches and under is a mid tower.

It took me an hour and a half to build my first computer when I was 15, its not that hard.

The 5870 was faster at first but newer nvidia drivers have improved the performance a ton. anything 18 inches and under is a mid tower.

It took me an hour and a half to build my first computer when I was 15, its not that hard.

He said he doesn't mind spending the extra money, just shut up and leave him alone about it.

Back
Top Bottom