upgrading....need help!!

Elliot1

Beta member
Okay so here's the deal....time to upgrade my machine....I need advice from people on a few things....

First things first, i want to get an EVGA x58 mobo with triple SLI, where can i find the best price on it? And do i have anything to worry about compatibility wise, as far as fitting? (ATX mid tower case)

Second, i want to get an i7 processor....i was trying to find a motherboard with a processor already installed, but i cant find anything like that for the x58....also if i buy a processor seperately, is it easy to install? I've built this machine myself so im not new to installing hardware. Again, advice on where to get at best price?

Third, I'm gonna need another gfx card or two....was thiking of just getting 1 additional card for now, as i dont think i will need to run 3 cards to get the results im looking for.....whats a good card to use? And again, advice on where to get best price? :D

Fourth, I'll probably wanna get some new ram too, but im completely clueless to brand names of ram, and which one is better, so I'll need some help picking this out, although i would prefer not to spend a whole lot on this, as the processor and mobo will drain my finances pretty well ;)

Also im running an 850w PS, will this be enough?

Lastly, I've been seeing "SLI kits" sold around the internet, that comes with basically everything i need, but every website i go to says "
THIS ITEM IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE"

Anyone have any ideas on where i could buy one of these? Or would it just be cheaper to put it together myself?

One last thing, i would say my price range is around 500-800$ if possible, can go a lil more but would prefer not to. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom