Plenty of questions regarding desktop shopping that need answering.

PristineAurora

Beta member
Hello, new to the forums, this'll be my first thread, so go easy on me.

Getting my first high-end computer in August. I am unsure of which manufacturer / website to buy my computer from, I've also heard of plenty bad reviews for iBuyPower & AlienWare. Are there any nice custom configuration companies that I have yet to hear about? I'm just looking for a nice company who will do a good clean job for the computer I'm willing to spend so much on. No loose screws, won't arrive defective, and definitely no missing parts. I know this happens maybe sometimes, but I prefer a company that doesn't screw up a lot, if you know what I mean. Just reading bad reviews for so many companies scare me.

My budget is $4,000 USD.

(After Tax / Fees / Etc.)

Some of the must-haves are :

Processor : Intel® Core™ i7 980X Processor Extreme Edition (6x 3.33GHz/12MB L3 Cache)
Hard Drive : Intel / Corsair Solid State Drive 160 GB +
RAM : At least 6 GB + (1,333~2,000 MHz) DDR3 RAM

So here are my questions :

• Which website / manufacturer should I purchase from?
  • Is the Intel i7-980x too much of an overkill, even for a heavy user like me?
  • Are SSD (Solid State Drives) faster than a 10,000 RPM Hard Drive?
  • Is the MHz for RAM a huge factor?
  • Would a single ATI Radeon HD 5970 2 GB be enough to play Crysis on High?

I basically looking for everything top-of-the-line. Money doesn't really matter that much to me, I have all the things I already need, so don't lecture me on how I'm spending my money unwisely. Thank you for answering my questions.

I'm considering the Level 10 from iBuyPower, but I'm still edgy about the whole bad review thing. But it seems the bad reviews only come from around Christmas time.

is there a reason why you would spend 4000 on a computer?
just curious.

and u could always build it yourself.

I'm kind of a shut-in, not really though. So yes, I'd like to spend my time on a nice & expensive computer. And do I really have to have a reason? I like my stuff top-notch.

So my question is, why not?

Back
Top Bottom