embed help

biferi

Daemon Poster
I use this tag and it works
<embed src="beach.wav" autostart="true" loop="6"></embed>

But it just puts a Black Box for I gess the player.
Can I ad a Width and Height attribute to make it show a player or what do I do???

It plays the sound for my website great and it works

No, if you want a player you're have to write / put that in separately, most likely in javascript.

I need one more thing?

If I have this code
<embed src="beach.wav" autostart="true" loop="6"></embed>

In the top of the body tag or at the end of the body tag will it effect how long it take for the sound to play?

Or can I have it all the way at the end of my Body code you know right before the </body> tag??

It'll make no difference.

Incidentally, I hope you're not actually using this on a site people visit...!

every page has it's own theme so every page has a sound file.

I fegure most people today have DSL or Cable speed this will be ok?????????????????????

No, it's really not ok. From a technical / speed perspective you don't need to worry, but you're seriously, seriously going to annoy people if you start playing background music as soon as they load the page.

If I visited a site and it started spewing out some random sound, I wouldn't give it a second look (unless it was a site deliberately demonstrating the use of such a criminal tag!)

OK I understand what you are telling me but it is not music.

I sell Artwork and my FALL Gallery is for Halloween so I made my own background sound.

It is Rain and then Woves.

People seem to love it and every page has it's own theme.

I use this
<embed src="rain.wav" autostart="true" loop="true"></embed>
And it works great and plays the sound automaticly. But it just plays one time.

I tryed
<embed src="rain.wav" autostart="true" loop="6"></embed>
But it still plays one time??????????????????

Please help

To get your player to show, try specifying height and width when you use the <embed> tag (for example, height=75 width=155). As for getting it to loop, try adding playcount=6 as well. It's been quite some time since I actually used this tag for anything, because it really is annoying as Hell when you come to a site with it, mind you.

Thanks for the help.
Adding the width and height did not put a player there I still have a black box but it does let me make the black box smaller.

And I did not understand what you ment when you told me try to ad the playcount=6 did you meen in place of Loop=6 or like this

<embed src="people.wav" width="70" height="55" autostart="true" playcount="6" loop="6"></embed>

Back
Top Bottom