iPad should I buy it or wait??

$500 for the base model. And it lacks almost every feature of a laptop. All it is really good for is web browsing. Sure you can store one or two movies or play some music at crap quality, but you could also do that on a much cheaper, yet more powerful netbook.

Netbooks are crippled. Cheap screen, small keyboard and shrunken design. Compared with an iPad which is extremely comfortable, polished and sturdy.

One of the things that looks uncomfortable to me, about the iPad, is that the screen can't sit itself at an angle. You have to hold it there. When the screen is at a comfortable angle to see, it's uncomfortable to type. But these are just my impressions, I haven't used one yet.

Netbooks are crippled. Cheap screen, small keyboard and shrunken design. Compared with an iPad which is extremely comfortable, polished and sturdy.

Most netbooks have a full-sized keyboard nowadays. They also have a fairly larger touchpad (at least compared to older ones like early Eee's.) Asfar as the lcd, that depends on the model, but my asus Eee 900a has an excellent lcd compared to most notebooks, once I got colors balanced.

Sure it would be awkward to use unless you are sitting down, but I almost dropped the iPad at the apple store because it was so awkward. The thing is just a little too big to type on without setting it down.

Point is this - both the iPad and the netbook are superfluous items. You don't need them. They both aren't that exactly powerful and are limited in what they can do.

However, despite its many limitations, the iPad excels in what it can do. Just look at the tasks you listed above.

...web browsing, youtube, the occasional movie, etc.
Web browsing is fantastic compared to a netbook and the larger screen makes it an excellent device for watching movies and YouTube videos.

Doing the same on a netbook pales in comparison. I know because I was in the market for a new netbook a while back. It wasn't until I went to a store and tried it in person when I discovered what a netbook really was - a cheap computer bundled with a low quality LCD display. It wasn't easy to handle and it had poor battery life. Sure, it could browse the web, sync with USB devices, multitask and watch movies, but it didn't particularly do any of these items very well. If I really wanted a device that could handle these tasks efficiently, I'd opt in for a full fledged notebook. Likewise, if I wanted a device that was extremely portable, I'd simply opt for a portable media device.

The netbook needs to excel in something in order to make it a worthwhile purchase, and to me, it doesn't. It doesn't bridge any gaps and it doesn't make for a useful computer.

i bet apple will release a ipad v2 or something and your sister will want that very badly (apple will then release v3 = more money for them)

Back
Top Bottom