Need help installing windows

Rob 215

Solid State Member
My girlfriend has a Toshiba laptop and it stopped working. I tried the recovery disks but they didn't work so I figured the hard drive was shot. I bought a new hard drive but I can't install windows on it, it says that I need an OS to use the disks. I have a few ideas of what I could do:

1. If I get a hard drive enclosure, could I hook it up to another computer and install windows on the hard drive then put the hard drive back into the laptop?

2. I have a portable hard drive, could I install windows on that and then plug it into my laptop and install windows again?

Or am I just over thinking it and there is an easier and cheaper way to do it. Any suggestions….

1. No you can't do that, Windows detects that the entire hardware spectrum has been changed and will not load.

2. No you can't do that either.

Put the windows cd into the cd drive and then try to install windows. If you can't boot from a CD then that's a different story. Are you familiar with modifying the boot order?

I'm a little familar with it. I get into it when the computer starts, I have to press F2 or whichever one it is, right?

Can you boot from a cd?
If not, go into the bios and change the boot order.
If yes, boot from your windows install disc and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom