My desktop literally render all mouse useless

Glassglow

Solid State Member
Since a while ago, while i was playing a popular flash game on a popular flash game website my mouse started to do unusual things.

Sometimes when i left click it double click sometimes it single clicks and sometimes it does not click.
When i drag a window on my screen its a painful experiment has it always "unhooks" it.
It can take up to 10 attempt to move the window a few inch from it's original place.
When i play games that uses more resources the problem gets worst.
My mouse just stop moving completely for about 1 to 5 seconds and i can ear the sound like i was pulling the USB for the mouse controller from my computer then inserting it back.
At times i don't even ear the sound but my mouse lags. When this happens i manually remove the mouse USB then insert it back.
It solves the problem temporarily then its all back to "The Twilight Zone" mode.

I tried to uninstall the mouse driver then reboot my computer.
It solved the programs window dragging problem for a while but when i subjected my computer to games and videos the problem comes back quickly.

I also did a complete delete re-install of my computer.
Bought 4 new mouse in the process. 2 gaming mouse 1 wireless mouse 1 cheap Nextech mouse. And when i use the faulty mouses on a different computer it does the same thing. So i dont think the mouse model is relevant.
So basically the computer i am using is literally killing mouses.

I could use some help. I am far away from help if someone can throw out some ideas it would be great.

Thanks

Here is the summary report of my computer. I have read the thread "read before you post" and the complete report that came from Everest was over 200 000 character so it wont allow me to post it all. And i tried to edit the reports for a while but i dont know what information to keep and what info the remove to make the report small enough to post.

Operating system and version such as XP Home sp1
Motherboard make and model.
CPU chip and details such as over clocked.
Memory type and how much. Single channel or dual.
Video card make and model, and whether it's an AGP, PCI, or onboard video chips.
Sound card make and model, and whether it's a soundcard or AC97 onboard sound.
Any other pci cards make and model.
Hard drives make and model.
Optical drives make and model
Power supply make and model.

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name HOMECOMP-55C793
User Name Home Computer

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium III Xeon, 3000 MHz (7 x 429)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 3322 MB
BIOS Type Intel (08/05/08)
Communication Port Port de communication (COM1)
Communication Port Port de communication (COM2)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB)
Monitor SyncMaster 2243BW/2243BWX,SyncMaster Magic CX2243BW(Digital) [NoDB] (HVMQ201785)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter IDT Audio1
Audio Adapter IDT Audio2

Storage:
IDE Controller Contrôleur IDE standard double canal PCI
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 2926
IDE Controller Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2920
SCSI/RAID Controller AHZULROF IDE Controller
Disk Drive ST3320620AS (298 GB, IDE)
Optical Drive GFA WP6FWDIF0 SCSI CdRom Device
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS10
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 305234 MB (121969 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard Périphérique clavier PIH
Mouse Souris HID

Network:
Network Adapter Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection (192.168.0.102)

Peripherals:
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938 [NoDB]
USB1 Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2939 [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A [NoDB]
USB2 Controller Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C [NoDB]
USB Device Périphérique d'interface utilisateur USB
USB Device Périphérique USB composite

If i need to put more info please let me know and i will try to do my best

I could send the whole report by e-mail if needed.

Thanks for the time

Sounds like a motherboard issue, since you already did a complete reinstall of the OS, there's nothing in the OS that's killing the mice. The only other item that really interfaces with the mouse would be the mobo.

So am i to change the motherboard?

My computer is a year an a half old. SHould a motherboard last this short?

i have 2 external drive and a keyboard also plugged into my computer and they don't have any problems.

No, motherboards should last a lot longer, it should still be covered under the manufacturers warranty though is it not?

the problem is that the computer was costum made and the person overseing it is 2000 kil from me.

Unless i can get a detail diagnosis of the problem i doubt he will send me a brand new mother board in the process.

ANy ideas?

Or i should remove it from the computer send it to microsoft and they will send me a new one?

no dont send it to microsoft send it to your motherboard manufacturer they should replace it since it should still be under warranty

Custom made or not the manufacturers typically have a warranty for individual parts, you can call whoever made the motherboard, give them the serial or part number, (they will know where to look)and see if it's still covered, then send it back to them... not the guy who made it.

Custom made or not the manufacturers typically have a warranty for individual parts, you can call whoever made the motherboard, give them the serial or part number, (they will know where to look)and see if it's still covered, then send it back to them... not the guy who made it.

alright

How do i know what motherboard is inside and the serial number should be around where?

should i also send them the bill for the 4 mouse lol.

Getting cocky but two of those were gaming mice and were worth over 50$

i send the url of this thread to the computer guy who built the machine

i hope he has time to leave a comment or reply me back

maybe he already has an account here

Well, I can tell you that they're not going to give you crap for the mice and on top of that, you'll get charged S&H too, just to let you know. Under the chip (not literally underneath) but on the board between the chip and the first PCI slot, there should be your board manufacturer in white lettering.

Back
Top Bottom