microsoft outlook 2007

bullitt_gt23

Solid State Member
having problems recieving emails, im able to send em but havent recieved crap since last week, thinking about backing up files and re-installing again. should work right? also have alot of word,excel, stuff so should i also back up that too?

Welcome to CF!!

What problems are you having and when you send/receive do you get any error messages? Can you log into the Webmail function and verify that there are indeed messages waiting to be downloaded?

hey thanx!
i can send emails no problem but just aint receving em. tried updates n all this other crap but still aint receving nething. and there are no mail waiting to be downloaded? should i just back up files n reinstall outlook 7?
thanx

hey thanx!
i can send emails no problem but just aint receving em.

Do you get send/receive errors or just nothing comes through?

and there are no mail waiting to be downloaded?

Example, can you log into Yahoo! or whatever email provider you have on the web and verify that there's mail waiting to be downloaded and it is in fact Outlook that has the problem?

should i just back up files n reinstall outlook 7?

You can certainly do that but let's trouble shoot the above before we go there.

i was able to email myself something to my yahoo account and saw it n read it and everything and i replied to it and never got nething since yesterday, n (fyi) im helping this law firm with there computer issues (outlook) and tried every forum looking for an answer trying to figure this out so they really need there mail coming in which hasnt since last week, and i have a copy of ms word, excel, etc. that i can reinstall for them too see if that might fix the problem so im doing a backup of there things from outlook, would i have to do the same for word, and excel files that they have or are they safe? just until i reinstall ms package:confused:

and no, no errors what so ever. happening to another computer as well

They should have a MS Office 2007 CD that came with the computer(s). Use that as it's the legal way to go.

Although I haven't run into this error before, I don't know the exact issue but a reinstall of the programs may fix it. Make sure that you uninstall, then run a registry cleaner, like CCleaner, to get rid of all the unused MS Office registry keys to make sure that there's truly a clean installation.

as far as other ms word n excel documents i should be okay right? i just wont be able to open the files until i reinstall word n excel again. its not like theyll delete im sure of this but just wannna be sure lol:D

You're correct, the files won't delete when you uninstall the application.

n yea they do have the ms office cd, do i just uninstall ms office, clean registry files then install overs again? and its an upgrade installation. would that cause a problem?

n yea they do have the ms office cd, do i just uninstall ms office, clean registry files then install overs again?

Yup

and its an upgrade installation. would that cause a problem?

Yes, that will cause a problem. Do they have a 2003 CD as well? You may have to install 03 and then 07 Upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom