New PC Build 2010

Rocky3789

Baseband Member
OK guys im building a new PC strictly for my editing programs and some very very light gaming if any really. I spend alot of time on youtube posting new videos of my work, which consist of my MW2 gameplay. Anyways the programs i use are AE, Vegas Pro 9, Pinnacle Studio 12, Cinema 4D, FME for streaming on JTV and various other programs. So i mainly need a PC to handle this type of load. My current PC is a Dell Dimension 3100 with an upgraded DVD-ROM, 2GB of RAM and a second HDD with a size of 500GB running Windows 7 32bit. This cannot keep up with my demanding work load and video rendering/editing. Im planning on getting everything off of www.newegg.com, anyway I've picked out my Case, PSU, CPU, and GPU, but I dont know what Board and RAM I should get. I do know I want 4GB of RAM and a ASUS or GIGABYTE Board. So if you guys could help me out that would be great also i dont want to go over $600. Also if my card good enough or is it over kill. I do know I will not be changing the case or CPU but if anyone would like to put in there two cents on changing everything else that's fine along and the total price is under $600

PC component list

[*]Case:HAF 922 w/o PSU

[*]PSU:OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

[*]CPU:AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX635WFGIBOX

[*]GPU:SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100284VXL Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

[*]Board: N/A

[*]RAM: N/A

How does this look. I kinda went a little over my 600 budget by 65 bucks but i think its fine. Any changes u think would be better let me know
29zpiis.jpg

I know this will take you slightly over budget but I feel the extra you spend is worth the extra processing power your gonna get. If i'm not mistaken those are all multi-threading applications that will take advantage of multi-core CPU's. With a nice hard drive this should make for a nice budget editing suite...

CPU Intel Core i5-750
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2

These with everything else you chose will give you a better platform for audio/video editing. Otherwise at least try and go for a quad core AMD CPU.

I dunno, I have a new ASUS M4A79XTD board with a 955 Black Edition and it works great. Get whatever works.

Back
Top Bottom