7 vs xp?

hey whats the difference between 64 bit and 32 bit? Just the 64 bit recognizes more RAM???

Pretty much. 64-bit can handle larger amounts of RAM better which allows for better performance when running multiple programs or memory intensive apps.

In simple terms yea but it's not just about the increased amount of memory that a 64 bit OS can utilise ,or 64 bit app's are able to access, but the high resolution coding allows for slicker and more efficient app's too i'm sure.

xp is too old and outdated, to be honest I don't know anyone who uses it anymore (That is, unless they have a really old computer or bad hardware). Theres a lot of security exploits on it and stuff.

7 is much better with security and networking and it is just much more better then XP.

xp is too old and outdated, to be honest I don't know anyone who uses it anymore (That is, unless they have a really old computer or bad hardware). Theres a lot of security exploits on it and stuff.

7 is much better with security and networking and it is just much more better then XP.

I use XP Pro 32 on an i7 machine dual booted with with W7 64 U. I really don't buy the security issue thing with XP at all.

It's old but it works for me.

I use XP Pro 32 on an i7 machine dual booted with with W7 64 U. I really don't buy the security issue thing with XP at all.

It's old but it works for me.

Why run such an old operating system on such a good machine? If I had an i7 machine I would just install Windows 7 64 bit. That will be better then xp ever will or has been

Why run such an old operating system on such a good machine? If I had an i7 machine I would just install Windows 7 64 bit. That will be better then xp ever will or has been

Simple. I run quite a bit of audio software and other app's to go with that and I know they are super stable under XP Pro. I have no AV software or other apps you might need for internet use in the studio install so it's a very streamlined install too, only 130MB at start-up. It really doesn't bother me how old XP is as long as my software runs as it should and I can get stuff done.

I'm running W7 64 U on my internet install as kind of a test and so far it's great. I might, when i'm absolutely happy with it, install W7 on my studio install.

I'm a little more used to XP, so I like that a little more...I'm yet to try W7 though...

You'll like Win7, how many setup's do you have, can you install Win7 on the comp and maintain XP on another for evaluation purposes?

They have forced you to stop. Microsoft has stopped patching XP, in any way or form. DX support stops at 9.0c. Even professionals are starting to convert to W7.

Back
Top Bottom