Ok you engine guys (Camaro engine swap)

lhuser

Golden Master
Alright, I just got myself a Camaro (again...) and it has a screwed up LC1 V6 2.8L.

However, I do have a 2.8L LB8 engine that I want to swap for. (No V8 yet...or V10)

The only spec I know different is the LC1 has a carb, while the LB8 is TPI...however I can swap that too.

Thing is...will it fit BOLT-ON?
I'd assume yes, but I don't want to look like an idiot either.

It probably will, but I wouldn't put money on it. Some chevys do but, It might not but you may have to check by taking it apart. Im doing an engine swap on my S10 soon. It also looks like the V6 could bolt on to it. Also google engine swaps on your year. There guides for almost every kind of engine swap for chevy on certain gearhead forums.

Is it a turdgen or 4th?

They have the same K-member most likely. The problem with going from carb to TPI, is the wiring harness and ECU I think. You need EVERYTHING for the TPI engine. Possibly even fuel lines and fuel pump. At least that's how it would be going from carb to EFI in a Mustang. I don't know about TPI really though. But the K-member in both cars is probably the same. Just need the mounts for the other engine. Usually $50 at autozone.

Just get an LS1 and be done. lol

I'd bet good money it would fit. You should look for a 3.1 engine if you are going with a v6, the 3.1 is a 2.8 block with a longer stroke. In fact, if you take the crank and rods from a 3.1 and swap them into your 2.8 then essentially you'll have a 3.1.

superman22x said:
Just get an LS1 and be done. lol
I agree wholeheartedly......lol

Well, I can't really get a 3.1L, as the car comes with the LB8 2.8L to install. only 75000 clicks on it.

However, I was thinking in a couple of years of grabbing a L97 or a 383 stroker, but now, I just want to restore (Well, engine only an a bit of the inside; body's almost fine) and drive it.

However, I will put the carb on it...hopefully having the same intake. I would be suprised if they aren't. Putting a TPI now is just pointless as over the year, that thing will be restored to its max.

Oh and it comes with a 400 tranny.

Oh and...forget the LS1...I ain't a millionaire here!

Yup, but for now, I'll just dump that engine in there...I'm not that rich either. I will put something bigger afterwards ;)

Back
Top Bottom