no internet!!!

webber22

In Runtime
Hey all, I just went out and bought a copy of windows 7 and tried installing it. It was successful BUT now i cant access the Internet. It is saying i have no connections!!! IN FACR the error i received was: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration. ANY answers appreciated! Thanks CF

What is your LAN card manufacturer? Can you see the card in the device manager? If so disable the card and then re-enable.

manufacturer: I believe its a Marvell Yukon 88e8050 and as for enable and disable i have already tried that and nothing worked!

I'm assuming that you've already tried to reinstall the drivers too right?

Do you have 32bit or 64bit installed?

yep :( Nothing is working. Unless im doing something wrong, i would assume new network card?

Yea, you can try to get a cheapy, although first before buying anything I would try to install windows once more.

Grab something like Knoppix, boot it up and see what that makes of it. If it works under there you know your hardware's good and it's a config / driver issue - if not then it's more likely the hardware's failed. I'd suspect the former though since this only occured since Windows 7 was installed.

I'm assuming that you already have it...

You need to make a photobucket or flikr account(I use photobucket so I'll give you the instructions for that)

Upload the picture and name it and all of that.

You should be at a page now with thumbnails of all of your uploaded pics. Hover your mouse over the screenshot.

You should get a list of URLs. Take the one that looks similar to your pictures name here[IMG]

Copy it and then paste it into your message

I hate to see it but you have internet...Mainly because internet is a requirement to post on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom