How fast can you run (physically) - Parkour?

Kage

Golden Master
I'm really lucky to live where there is a group that have meetings to do something called Parkour in my town, naming themselves Northern Parkour.

They have meetings every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, and every first Sunday of the month.
The Tuesday is a conditioning/strength exercise session to get muscles building. Stuff you'd do in the gym, but out in the real world.

I'm really looking forward to learning from them.
I can so far do a few vaults, and some wall jumping, but I don't have much muscle at the moment (I'm pretty skinny), but I think that Parkour is going to give me them. I can lift my own weight, i.e chin up's/pull up's, but not for a very long period.

Need to get my jumping distance increased though, but that will come with time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poph6Jmc688

That's about them, and them showing off But mainly about Parkour in general and what it means.

Its considered an extreme sport, but its only as extreme as you make it

Running:

Would really like to see how fast some of you can run maybe 100m or more, and post results. Maybe we can do a bit of training of our own.
How long can you keep running up for?

I tend to differ. If I'm full of adrenaline, I can run for ages, but if I'm just running for the sake of running, like with no real purpose, I can't run fast, and get tired quicker.

First, background: I'm 14, and I've been running for about 4 years now. I'm pretty skinny, 110lbs, and a little short. I am, however, one of the fastest people my age.

I can actually sprint faster than most of my friends can bike 50m. Prolly something close to 12mph? I dunno.

The longest I've ever run was a trail run in OK. that was about 7 1/2 mi.

The only person my age that can come close to matchin my abilities is my friends GF. She's short and skinny, but can MOVE. We were neck-n-neck after 50m, and once we covered a block I was easing ever... so... slowly... ahead.

Then we realized we had to run all the way back, and stopped ;)

</end brag>

;)

^ You should probably state your 100m times as a standard. Anyone can think they're the fastest person alive. I think my best 100m time was 11.6 seconds. I can't run for very long at constant speeds. I do better with short sprints and walks. I'm not by any means a fast sprinter. The fastest kid in my school runs 10.5s. To give perspective, Olympic runners run as fast as 9.7s.

I would say that the most important attributes in parkour are your landing techniques and your jumping ability. I can't jump very high. While I was lifting I had a 30in vertical and I could jump 18ft in distance (with a sprinting start of course).

Tandyman100, nice

I'll have to record how fast I can do 100m when I find I can find a space that is exactly 100m or I can figure out where up to it would be.

cboucher, no. Free running tends to be more about tricks, whereas Parkour is more a discipline, and about speed and efficiency.
Watch the video I posted to see what I mean :)

I'm 133 pounds, 60.3kg or 9 stone 5 depending on what you use and I'm 22 :p Not good, I tell you, though I am quite fit. I don't have any fat on me. I'm probably mostly muscle, but I still look thin.

I have no idea what my 100m is. My old mile time was like 6:45, but that was back in high school. On the treadmills I can barely get 7:30-8:00.

First, background: I'm 14, and I've been running for about 4 years now. I'm pretty skinny, 110lbs, and a little short. I am, however, one of the fastest people my age.

I can actually sprint faster than most of my friends can bike 50m. Prolly something close to 12mph? I dunno.

The longest I've ever run was a trail run in OK. that was about 7 1/2 mi.

The only person my age that can come close to matchin my abilities is my friends GF. She's short and skinny, but can MOVE. We were neck-n-neck after 50m, and once we covered a block I was easing ever... so... slowly... ahead.

Then we realized we had to run all the way back, and stopped ;)

</end brag>

;)

if you are as fast as you say, you are def. running faster than 12 mph (if you are sprinting). Think about it, @ 12mph that's a 5 minute mile...your sprinting and cant even beat collegiate mile runners.

If you do run at 12mph thats weak. Compare that to sprinters who get 23-25 mph

Most likely you're underestimating

Back
Top Bottom