Random Chit Chat

So I work for a company that provides internet on planes... I do the chat support, I hate when people come in asking if the service is free for super duper sky mileage members... I wanna tell em hell to the no but I can't. I'll have to post a chat on here sometime. I had this one chat where the lady was concerned about the radiation from the Wifi Signal. I straight up told her that she has more to worry about from a broadcast tele than our wifi signal. Ridonculous the things people worry about.

Well, Teny. Those numbers are impressive.

Why did you run 1280x1024 in FurMark? I wasn't able to run that resolution because 16:10 won't support it.

pre-runfurmark.png

POST-runfurmark.png

pre-runUnigine.png

I forgot to change the text in the notepad to say 'Post-Run'.

POST-runUnigine.png

These were all done at SC clocks on the 470 and 3.8GHz on the Q9550.

I didn't know what settings to use on furmark, so I used the default settings. I will rerun the tests later today, my computer is currently syncing music to my Zune.

EDIT - Are you beating me because your GPU is OC'ed?
Should I try using the ATI overdrive to OC a bit and then run the tests?

I'm using the stock clocks (which are the SC clocks) of my card.

And by all means! Overclock your card as much as you find it safe or are willing to do. Hell, even BIOS mod it if you want. As long as you are still using a physical 5870, then it's within the rules.

Use 1440x900, Benchmarking with a PostFX and a 60k ms time based score. Same as in my Pre-Run picture.

EDIT: Does anyone else see the temps of the card during FurMark? Note that the card is under its OWN loop sporting a DDBI 240GTX with two Scythe 3k's (133CFM)! 57C under liquid is insane.

I see. I still have about an hour before I am done syncing my Zune. I turned my 5870 fan speed to 100% and it's really loud, louder than my 8800GT IIRC.

hey grant, how do you like your 470? I can get the basic evga one or a diamond 5870 for the same price. Is there anything you'd change with your purchase?

I'd like to wash it before pics, but I'll have a few up tomorrow evening. Needs:

-General cleaning
-Polish, claybar, touch-ups, etc.
-Wheel balancing. Right-rear wheel was curbed so bad it threw off the balance.
-Fix trunk leak
-Timing/accessory belts need to be replaced

The only aftermarket things on the car are the Konig Theory's and Hard Dog roll bar.

+1 for Hard Dog, but -1 for Konig Theory.

So I work for a company that provides internet on planes. . .

I had this one chat where the lady was concerned about the radiation from the Wifi Signal. I straight up told her that she has more to worry about from a broadcast tele than our wifi signal. Ridonculous the things people worry about.
I would have told her she has a better chance of dying in a plane crash than getting radiation poisoning from the Wifi signal. :D

lol, yea I could've said that but she was some exec from Delta so I had to be stupid nice about it.

Back
Top Bottom