Question regarding sale of netbook with Norton installed

aguiala

Beta member
I'm selling my HP Mini 1000 on craigslist. I want to include Norton 360, which I already have installed on the computer, to sweeten the deal and get me a better sale. I was just wondering if anything could happen to me if I left it on there. Could the new user access my Norton account? Could they charge my credit card for another year's subscription? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm selling my HP Mini 1000 on craigslist. I want to include Norton 360, which I already have installed on the computer, to sweeten the deal and get me a better sale. I was just wondering if anything could happen to me if I left it on there. Could the new user access my Norton account? Could they charge my credit card for another year's subscription? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
If you are going to give Nortons with sale of PC just change the account over to the buyer by changing Name; Address and credit card details in the norton account which is allowed.

Norton's not gonna help yoru sales enough t risk it. Id just remove it completely and take 20$ off your price. Lol

I would check with Symantec before selling your netbook with Norton installed. They may not allow you to transfer the license to a new person. You're probably better off just getting rid of Norton anyway. To me, any PC is worth more if it doesn't have Norton installed. Less crap to have to get rid of...

I would check with Symantec before selling your netbook with Norton installed. They may not allow you to transfer the license to a new person. You're probably better off just getting rid of Norton anyway. To me, any PC is worth more if it doesn't have Norton installed. Less crap to have to get rid of...
I use Nortons
You can transfer ownership as the account allows all details to be changed.
I have bought and sold Nortons using this method.

If you could not transfer ownership they would stop you from changing details.

Maybe you should sell Norton and give the license away, then STOP USING IT!!!! It's crap... Get something free like Comodo Internet Security which is bomb ass.

Back
Top Bottom