VGA cord or DVI for monitor

KA5ROW

Baseband Member
I just got a new monitor an LG 2350V LED monitor the guy at Best Buy said it was better than the LCD is this true. As of now I am using the VGA cord provided, will I see any difference going to the DVI cable. My video card does not offer a HDMI connection. :D

I just got a new monitor an LG 2350V LED monitor the guy at Best Buy said it was better than the LCD is this true. As of now I am using the VGA cord provided, will I see any difference going to the DVI cable. My video card does not offer a HDMI connection. :D

LED LCD monitors are still LCDs... It's the back lighting that makes it different. I've heard from a co-worker that just got an LED LCD TV that the picture looks much better because of the back lighting. For the price, I wouldn't buy one myself. Don't just assume the guy at Best Buy knows what he's talking about, he's just trying to sell you something.

DVI and HDMI are the same video signal. The only difference in HDMI is the ability to have sound and video in the same cable where DVI is only video. Since sound and video are separate outputs on a computer might as well not bother with HDMI since you don't have it on your card currently.

LED LCD monitors are still LCDs... It's the back lighting that makes it different. I've heard from a co-worker that just got an LED LCD TV that the picture looks much better because of the back lighting. For the price, I wouldn't buy one myself.

The most popular type of LED LCD television uses LED edge-lit technology, which has problems with uniformity and bleeding. The only LED LCD televisions worth considering are those that implement LED local dimming - which is far and between in the market place.

Back
Top Bottom