Motherboard Questions

crazykid1

Solid State Member
Ok i have a eMachines T3656 and im wanting to upgrade the motherboard and the processor. Now what can i do with the T3656 case can i just gut it and get a motherboard that will fit it or what. Ive been reading up on how to buy motherboards but im still a little confused.

I would recommend getting a new case. Look around on http://www.newegg.com

You can get a nice looking case with nice airflow for rather cheap. Most aftermarket cases too will be laid out better for custom setups. Where as pre-built cases may be made specifically to fit what they want.

It also depends on what motherboard and CPU you get. A budget mATX motherboard and CPU will work fine in there although if you want multiple drives, big graphics cards and you want to overclock then a new case will be the way to go; there's not much room in that case.

Ok well heres what i ended up ordering a AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX945WFGMBOX with a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard. Im probably guessing all this wont fit in the T3556 case lol

Ok well heres what i ended up ordering a AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX945WFGMBOX with a ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard. Im probably guessing all this wont fit in the T3556 case lol

Yea that motherboard is ATX sized and won't fit inside the mini T3556 case.

So it's a new case for you. :)

I got another quick little question, if im changing out the motherboard and processor what will i have to do in terms of re-installing th OS?

You can just repair the OS install. You won't need to do a complete re-install.

A repair will remove all the OS associated files and replace them according to the new hard ware, leaving all your personal files and stuff in tact.

How would i go about doing that? lol im a newb

You can just repair the OS install. You won't need to do a complete re-install.

A repair will remove all the OS associated files and replace them according to the new hard ware, leaving all your personal files and stuff in tact.

Back
Top Bottom