The Decision

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
It was just on ESPN a few minutes ago, LeBron James is going to the Miami Heat. What do you guys think about it? I really don't have an opinion, I don't care much for basketball and I never watch it.

LeBron wanted to the be the Greatest of All Time. This is not going to happen. To be the G.o.A.T you need to be the leader. LeBron is joining D-WADE's team. He is not the leader. If he can only do it with another superstar (one and a half in this case), then he will never be the G.o.A.T. LeBron just made the biggest mistake in his career. No doubt, they will win championships, but LeBron will NOT be the G.o.A.T. Out of all current NBA players, Kobe is the closest. Kevin Durant has the best opportunity being the superstar of OKC Thunders. LeBron, have fun being option #2.

I think he should of stayed in Cleveland. He only started his career there...he needed more time there. He's not been in the NBA too long.

^ He's been in the NBA for 7 years. If he were to win 4-5 championships in Cleveland he would no doubt be the King. It would have been either all or nothing. Had he gone to Chicago or New York he still could have attained the title of one of the greatest (granted he'd be playing with the likes of Amar'e, D. Rose, and Boozer). But Miami? Sounds to me like LeBron doesn't have any balls to take on a challenge.

Michael Jordan was in the NBA for 18 years, so compared to 7 it's nothing :p

So what do you think his contract is going to be? That other guy got 100 million over 5 years, do you think it'll top that?

LeBron won't get that much. All NBA teams have a salary cap of $58M. D-Wade, Bosh, and LeBron are eligible to $16.6M. That's $49.8M if they were all to take max salaries. Considering Miami only has about $45-46M and still need at least 7 players to fill their rosters, the stars will have to take significantly less money. How they will divide it up? I have no idea. I'd say Bosh takes a lower amount, D-Wade and LeBron will probably have the same salary but not max.

Back
Top Bottom