Apple or Gateway

modernep

Beta member
HI everyone,

Im looking to purchase a new computer. I have been a mac guy for 5 years now. but am getting tired of the propriety technology that costs a lot for any and all upgrades. Anyway, I found this Gateway computer and was wondering how it compares to a 15" macbook pro with i5 processor the cheapest of the 15" i5's. Or a 21.5" imac.

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator. I need a computer that can run multiple adobe programs at once. And Adobe programs are CPU hogs.

Thanks everyone.

You're comparing a desktop with a notebook. That's not a very fair comparison.

Uhm, that's a bit of a different comparison. Specification wise, I'm hoping the Gateway would win. Depends what you're looking for. Upgrading a Mac isn't much harder than upgrading a normal PC - notebook wise.

Go with the Gateway, they're a shitty brand but can sometimes produce some pretty good machines, the machine I have now is a Gateway, and despite my personal hatred for Gateway, this thing kicks. The specs look great though

Right I didn't mention, I'm a graphic designer and illustrator. I need a computer that can run multiple adobe programs at once. And Adobe programs are CPU hogs.

If you simply no longer like the Mac OS platform, switch over to Windows 7. Simple as that.

It's the price I have a problem with, not the OS quality or speed of apple products. I want to know if the Gateway will be fast enough and stay fast like the apple products. My apologies for being broad in my initial post.

you would be better off getting a windows 7 desktop if your comparing against an IMAC you could get much more out of a desktop than a notebook and you can get an I5 system for much less than an IMAC i5

It's the price I have a problem with, not the OS quality or speed of apple products. I want to know if the Gateway will be fast enough and stay fast like the apple products. My apologies for being broad in my initial post.

If price is an issue, you can always look at their refurbished products.

you would be better off getting a windows 7 desktop if your comparing against an IMAC you could get much more out of a desktop than a notebook and you can get an I5 system for much less than an IMAC i5
Why do people always capitalize Mac? It's not an acronym. Don't capitalize it.

Back
Top Bottom