Possibility of a Peeping Tom?

blanketstars11

Beta member
I don't really know much about computers, and I was wondering if someone could maybe help me with a question I have about computer security..

I'm not really sure how to word this, but is it possible for someone to hack onto your computer and watch what you do? My parents are divorced, and my dad now lives clear across the state. We have a secured wireless internet network, but I can't shake the feeling that he is able to view what I am doing on my computer. he is very good with computers, and he has said a few suspicious things that lead me to believe he can see my desktop.

Anyway, i was just wondering if someone could tell me whether it is possible or not.

Make sure your network is encrypted with WPA(2) (not WEP!) and download malwarebytes / spybot and run a full scan to make sure there's nothing lurking on your PC that could give him access.

Beyond that, you've got nothing to worry about :)

Make sure to disable VPN services and things like that, if you don't use them yourself. Windows has a remote viewing function built in.

i would be careful about what you type also... there are some programs that allow you to read anything the other person has typed, aka keyloggers. It is a virus but It can also be downloaded to where you allow your virus protection to have to program and not suspect anything with the program...If i was you and you think this is what he is doing... I would reformat .. as long as i have all my data backed up cuz i have had this done to me before.

There are programs that allow someone else to access your computer to watch and keep a log of what you do like the websites you access, the programs you use, and passwords. I would advise doing a Spybot S&D and Malwarebytes scan to see if there is nothing on your computer.

Reformat your drive
thumbs_up.gif

Removes all doubt.

And if your definitly unsure about it. Use DBAN and use the gustave 35 pass to wipe the drive. This wipe act like dynamite. No no no wait, it is like a nuke hit the drive. LOL :p

Back
Top Bottom