Project Car: 1993 Mustang LX

superman22x

Golden Master
Picked up a project car. Was a 4 cyl, currently has no engine or trans. Going to drop in a 5.0 and AOD. Need to collect a few random parts for the tranny before they go in. Car is in decent shape for a $550 car. Floor pans have rust, but I don't plan on keeping the car more than a year or two anyway.

SDC10152.jpg

SDC10150.jpg

SDC10149.jpg

SDC10151.jpg

SDC10153.jpg

I still have to find a little shift lever for the AOD. Can't seem to find one but a new one from summit for $50... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BMM-40496 It's the last part I need, then I can drop the engine and tranny in. Just need a wiring harness and some other random parts after that. Nothing to complex. After that it will be on to other mods... need a rear end, fat rear tires, better brakes... But I want to just drive it before I upgrade.

I also want to paint it the same color as my truck or maybe a sonic blue. But I really don't think I will be able to. I only have a small compressor, so I would only be able to do parts of the car at a time.

Nice car, too bad it's an auto, you should switch it to a 5 speed, would go great with the 5.0.

T-5s are too weak, and I don't have money for a TKO yet. I can manually shift the AOD for 1st and 2nd gear which gets me up to a decent speed. Maybe in the futre I will pick up a TKO, but that would probably be on a different car and after college...

Well I took apart the tranny and am almost finished with the "epoxy mod." JB is drying now. If any of you drive a Ford V8 with an AOD, I can give you more info on this mode. It allows you to hold 2nd gear on the AOD.

And I took apart some of the interior... Hoping to get at the floor pans. It looks like someone already repaired them from the inside, and did a decent job. The out side is still flaking though. I think I will grind off all that is coming off on the outside, spray some rust destroyer on, and then some rubberized under coating. I wish I could get some pics up, but my computer doesn't like my mom's camera... I'll have to figure that out.

Got the pics of the valve body mod and what's on the floor now. Still gonna get the thing up in the air some how and take a wire wheel to the bottom. And there is a 4" hole I will fiberglass.

DSC02346.jpg

Sun makes it hard to see. I'm not even sure what that stuff is, I think it's fiber glass?

And the Valvebody mod. Fill a cavity in the manual shift valve with JB weld and drill a hole. Simple as that. It allows you to hold 2nd gear on the AOD.

DSC02334.jpg

Valve body ready for work.
DSC02333.jpg

Place to be filled, hole then goes through that casing for the manual shift valve.
DSC02335.jpg

JB drying, still need a little more added to make it flush.
DSC02345.jpg

Final product with hole drilled.

Header mock up. I just about finished the floors. Just needs a little epoxy to seal it up after some of the rust converter dries. In the meantime, I plan on bolting the engine and tranny back together tomorrow after work and starting to drop it in Thursday or Friday hopefully.

SDC10903.jpg

SDC10902.jpg

Back
Top Bottom