**New Build Guide**

Hello, I'm a first time poster and I'm looking for a little guidance on a new build. I read the A and B posts and I'm unsure what would fit my needs. I'm a Audio Engineer so I will need to run programs like Pro Tools, Reason, etc. and looking to go with liquid cooling to keep it running quietly. I'm not much of a gamer, but play EVE Online so I will need a decent video card. I'm also looking to run a dual monitor set up. I'm also unsure if I should overclock my machine once it's built. Lastly, I'm on a budget and trying to keep the total under $1200. I hope this is enough information and if any of the A or B setups could work for me, then please let me know.

Motherboard Manufacturer and Model:
BIOS Revision Number (if known):
CPU/Speed:
RAM Manufacturer/Type/Module Size:
CDRW/CDROM/DVD Manufacturer and Spec:
Disk Drive(s): Manufacturer and Spec:
Video Card: Manufacturer and Type:
Sound Card: Manufacturer and Model:
NIC Manufacturer/Model:
Power Supply Brand and Wattage:
Operating System:
Anything else you think is relevant:

Hmmmmm

Okay so here is my set up

I order an SSD a while ago on newegg it was a 40 gb for 80 bucks

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI
OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W ATX12V V2.2

Would that 500W be enough to run this? or an HD 5850 now?

I plan to get a HD 5850 and this PSU

CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V

Thanks!
n

Do these computer builds have wireless internet connection capabilities? and O/S? wouldn't that cost like an extra $150 or so?

Because I found them to offer the best performance in those price categories. I used to have a 9800GT and a GTX 285 in two of them but then the HD 5xxxs starting appearing.

The HD 4870 512 is no longer available so Nvidia might be able to claim a place there.

Back
Top Bottom