What else would help?

You should go to your local best buy, get an external hard drive and save all of your stuff on there. Reinstall windows and recover your files from the external hdd. then wipe it clean and return it (best buy has a 14 day return policy)

Right now I am using Spybot, Avast, and CCleaner on a weekly basis.

My computer seems to be running a little sluggish and would like to speed it up without OC. Am I missing some program or anything that would help?

Try formatting, you specs look very fast so you hardware shouldn't be an issue

What I would do is remove all the anti-virus/malware programs you have now. Then install AVG and MalwareBytes' AntiMalware. Those are the 2 programs that I recommend/love. Personally though, since all my data is on it's own drive, I don't run any anti-virus/malware programs on my computer.

What I would do is remove all the anti-virus/malware programs you have now. Then install AVG and MalwareBytes' AntiMalware. Those are the 2 programs that I recommend/love. Personally though, since all my data is on it's own drive, I don't run any anti-virus/malware programs on my computer.

I think I may just do that. It's pretty simple and quick.

I have over 150gb in music an 400gb in videos. About 120gb in games. There is no reformatting going on here lol

I am calling bull****.
How many songs total do you have?
Do you realize how many songs 150GBs is?

Save some money, buy a 100 dollar passport, you can get a TB for 139.
Put all your crap on that, remove all your crap programs with revo-uninstaller.
Get AVG, Spybot, and CCleaner.
Run the given scans for those programs, AVG the whole system scan. CCleaner both registry and junk files. Spybot normal scan, then system error scan.

I know people that have over 1TB of music... They download the whole discography and no just the song they liked in the first place. Legal no...

I have lots of Phish live concerts with lots of songs that are over 20 minutes long. I have over 12,000 songs on itunes right now. I can take a screen shot or something if you want proof.

try panda cloud antivirus it uses practically no ram I use it on my old athlon 1800 rig and it's pretty fast with it running.

How long has it been since you did a clean install of windows?

I always think it's a good idea to have the os and programs on one hard drive and files and whatever is valuable on another much larger drive so you can reinstall windows every now and again since it does deteriorate over time.

You are using vista. I highly recommend windows 7

Back
Top Bottom