Car Thread!

1979 Pontiac Trans Am I fully restored
MVC-469S.JPG

Almost 2 years of ownership. '03 Ford ZX2. Bought it with 45,600 miles. Now has over 78,000. I've been really happy with it. No major problems.

Lowered on Progress springs. 17" Konig Kolors gunmetal rims. Upgraded 21mm RSB. 5000K HIDs. Full LED conversion. I recently swapped the automatic transmission to a manual. Much more fun to drive now.

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

Pics of the lights before the rims.
IMG_3515.jpg

Light bar in the center reflector is custom made. Half the LEDs light up for running lights, all light up for brake.
IMG_3517.jpg

I'm working on making a set of projector headlights now.

Good, HID's in stock headlights is bad. I hate driving down the road and being blinded.

hey winslow, how long did it take you to restore your car?
Not as long as you would think actually... probably about a month I guess. It was in OK shape when I got it, needed a new engine, new interior some bodywork, and fresh paint.
Just started a '78 f-150. thread about it in the social lounge :D

Good, HID's in stock headlights is bad. I hate driving down the road and being blinded.

They didn't seem to blind many people. I got flashed maybe twice in the year I had them in. I got flashed more with my stock bulbs in low beam in the time I had those in... So either the people weren't blinded or they didn't care. That HID kit shorted out about the time I started working on the projectors. Good timing I suppose as the projectors use a different bulb.

Pulled the projectors off an Infinity J30. Had to cut the low beam off the high beam. I didn't realize they were one piece until I pulled it out of the headlight...
IMG_3718.jpg

What it will look like in my headlight more or less.
IMG_3737.jpg

Painting everything black. Sadly the paint job got screwed up while we were trying the aim everything. After I get the projector mounted and JB welded in I'm wet sanding everything and repainting. At least I got it aimed. I hope it will stay aimed as I get it mounted.
IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

Assuming mine turns out anywhere near as good, this is what it will look like. This guy used the same type of projectors. These aren't mine, but I sure hope mine turn out this way. I think my paint will turn out looking like crap now though. :/
IMG_1142.jpg

You could always just pull the lens off, tape up everything you don't want painted, and spray inside the headlight :D

My friend is rocking a bi-xenon retrofit in his Volvo 850. It's crazy bright.

Yep, gotta love proper HID projector retrofits. So awesome when they're done properly.

Very true. I don't think I'm gonna do it to my Miata though, I'd like to keep the body OEM for the most part aside from the wheels.

Very true. I don't think I'm gonna do it to my Miata though, I'd like to keep the body OEM for the most part aside from the wheels.

Yeah and it's pretty hard to do a retrofit properly on pop-up headlights. It would be possible with the NB though.

Back
Top Bottom