What's better between these two laptops?

What? Try using periods next time.

On the chart for 3 years it says 15% for asus right.
On the chart for 2 years it says 10% for asus. (rounding)

Now it never gave you 1 year percentage so...
15%/ by 3 years = 5 % per year
Same goes as
10%/ by 2 years = 5% per year

Do that for hp and it wont be as high for 1 year.

Yeah, and according to that chart, Toshiba outnumbers Lenovo in terms of reliability. I'm calling bull.

Lenovo makes (or made) some extremely crappy low-end laptops. My old school had thirty of them,and it was simply impossible to keep the things running. We never had more that about twenty working at a time. I assume these models skewed the results for lenovo. As far as toshiba, all I have heard is good things about their notebooks. I took one apart for my picture frame project, and it seemed to be very high build quality. My mom's old offico also had about twenty toshiba tabet/notebooks (the swivel screen type) and they never had any issues with them (at least in the year my mom worked there) so yeah, I believe that overall toshiba notebooks are more reliable than lenovo. It doesn't mean Lenovo's high end models aren't amazing though.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10400447-1.html Here is where I foud the chart. Squaretrade is the company that sells extended warranties on laptops.

I've had three family members with consumer HP notebooks, and they've all been fine.

Ummm... okay... That dosen't mean they are all reliable. That study was on 30,000 laptops, so I'd believe it over your 3.

So this information is from a warranty company? Are you kidding me? I know most extended warranties are purchased from the manufacturers themselves, not a third party.

That already skews the graph you linked to.

It's quite well known that a lot of the HP Pavilion laptops with NVidia graphics cards (read: most) have had some issues.. especially the 2008-2009 models. You might say that it's NVidea's fault, but HP have handled it very badly.

http://hplies.com/.

It's quite well known that a lot of the HP Pavilion laptops with NVidia graphics cards (read: most) have had some issues.. especially the 2008-2009 models. You might say that it's NVidea's fault, but HP have handled it very badly.

So did Apple and Dell.

Back
Top Bottom