VPN Beta Testers Needed!

I'm willing to test the US server out. I've never done this before but it sounds pretty cool.

I have 16mbit service so that must be burst.

I am up for somw testing! I love giving feedback and trying to help fix errors. If I could get a US ip it would be sweet.

I think I connected without j03's help. I set up a connection and used the server address, user name and password he gave me. Am currently working on the test results.

Hi Guys,

I'm going to have to suspend the service for now. I've thought about it - and while I could make a nice profit from this, I'm sure a small majority of users would abuse the service, and use it to do illegal things - I'm not talking about piracy here... more serious things. I'd rather not be worried about was my customer's where using my server for, so unless/until I come up with a compromise of some sort, I'm going to have to disable the VPN Accounts.

It's nothing personal, and I'm not saying that any of the beta testers have abused the VPN Access - But they COULD do.

Thanks for your understanding :D

j03

I could look into that, yes. However, I'm guessing that the price of the insurance vs Number of Clients would make it prohibitivley expensive! Also - It's not just being sued that i'm worried about. Some of the things that people could use it for are morally wrong, and I wouldn't want to be a part of it :\

Hi Guys,

I'm going to have to suspend the service for now. I've thought about it - and while I could make a nice profit from this, I'm sure a small majority of users would abuse the service, and use it to do illegal things - I'm not talking about piracy here... more serious things. I'd rather not be worried about was my customer's where using my server for, so unless/until I come up with a compromise of some sort, I'm going to have to disable the VPN Accounts.

It's nothing personal, and I'm not saying that any of the beta testers have abused the VPN Access - But they COULD do.

Thanks for your understanding :D

j03

You could set a word and site blocking system.

Well we all appreciate you offering us this service. I really didn't use it much, but I could see where it could come in handy. Too bad some people had to abuse it and ruin it for everyone. It's a shame that people feel that it is okay to do such things.

Culexor: Nobody has actually done anything, yet. But the kind of service i'm offering would be bound to attract some very shady characters!

Back
Top Bottom