Installing PSU and video card

Btw I did actualy sold the 150 watt supply for $10 on Craigslist so I got some money out of it. Eather way I still want to get the Radeon 9250 or the GeForce FX, 6200, or 8400 GS maybe if that one I get a good deal on. Also if my system every fails totaly I can still use the parts for it on a different system and also in the mean while I can use my Sony laptop. Also you guys are just assuming that my Mobo will fails but you don't even know if that's true. If a item is well taken cared of it will last long time.

Also 8 year old machine isn't like having a older car that is around 1988. It would be like just an 8 year older car model like a 2002 or 2001.

Btw I did actualy sold the 150 watt supply for $10 on Craigslist so I got some money out of it.

Congrats, read my post.
Follow my post.
Save the $10 towards a new computer.

Honestly I want this Dumb@$$ to buy that stupid Geforce FX 6200 so he realizes he wastes his money :)
Teach him through experience, the only way some learn.

If a item is well taken cared of it will last long time.
No it won't..... It will fail. How can you take care of a motherboard? Keep it clean, it's not like you can do much to keep it in condition, cause you can't just work on it :)
There's no way to really take care of it.

Also 8 year old machine isn't like having a older car that is around 1988. It would be like just an 8 year older card model like a 2002 or 2001.

Yes it is.
Because cars change a bit every year. Computers change every two weeks. A top of the line system will be high end in only 6 months. Within two years it will be average. 8 years it will be a prehistoric dinosaur.

WhyFly i agree if he wants to WASTE his money for NO performance increase let him. We tried to steer him in the right direction BUT he is useless. He will not change his mind or opinion. I say go right ahead and buy it!!!

EDIT: We are on the fifth page of nonsense. This thread is going NOWHERE. We helped as much as possible but he wont accept our advice. If he wants to waste his money let HIM do it.

I read this thread and it reminds me of when I was a noob here.

This is a thread I posted a long time ago.

I took the advice and upgraded. Not to a current set up at that time but it was a worthwhile investment.

Then I had to upgrade again, last year in October, to what I have now, in the sig.

I took the advice of others here. I wouldn't have bothered asking otherwise. I just feel this is a wasted effort on both us and the OP.

trollface.png

Dustin's face

Back
Top Bottom