DSi XL vs. Ipod Touch?

The sound quality strictly depends on what headphones you use.

No, it definitely doesn't. It still sounds awful on my ableplanet noise cancelling headphones and our 7.2 channel home theatre system. It sounds somewhat better if you use one of the docking stations, but still not great.

And it has to be the iPod that sounds bad, because a $10 sansa clip on the exact same setup sounds loads better.

Yes, I have tried ALAC on it, but the amplifier is so bad that I cannot tell any difference between 64kbps MP3 and 312 Kbps ALAC.

It does a great job as a gaming device though. There's even a community port of Quake III for it. Runs like 5-10 fps on my iPhone, but I hear the newer hardware can make it playable.

I don't follow.

My dad has an onkyo SR-TX607 receiver, with two really huge speakers (don't remember the brand) and Sony surrounds/subs.

Because what you described is just plain odd and stupid. Why would you connect an iPod touch to a home theater system? It only outputs two freaking channels for Christ's sake.

...and the fact that you've used a ten dollar MP3 player makes it even more hilarious. You have some serious time on your hands.

Because what you described is just plain odd and stupid. Why would you connect an iPod touch to a home theater system?

...and the fact that you've used a ten dollar MP3 player makes it even more hilarious.

Oh. Well it came with a free iPod dock, so I decided to try it out, since I heard somewhere that it made the iPod sound loads better. So I tried a 3.5mm cable, then the dock. And I tried the sansa out to get a comparison.

I normally use the turntable or HTPC as a source.

...and it shouldn't matter since the iPod sounds great. :rolleyes:

You have some serious time on your hands.

? It takes like 20 seconds to grab the cable, plug it in, and hit play. Definitely no more time than putting on a CD.

I agree fully, the only thing i'd want a PS for is FF Crisis core, just to add to my FF collection. I have a DS Lite for the very reason: It was given to me.
I would love an Ipod touch, and granted they have awesome features which, like most things, out do the DS's capabilities. BUT! the 3DS..its kinda..well crap. I have looked at reviews and watched vids of it on the Tube, i think its gonna be like the Virtual Boy, gimmicky and sickening to watch and play. If anything go a DS Lite, they can still use the flash cards, which nintendo decided 'I DONT LIKE PEOPLE MUCKING AROUND WITH MY GAMES!' so they made it that the DSI's cant use them. But im sure with a bit of tinkering they would work.
But really, what do you wanna spend ya money on?
OH and i know this is kinda late coz you have probably already brought either one, but you have a Android phone, why need a touch??

Back
Top Bottom