Installing PSU and video card

Your video card wont work in any other computer because its a pci card unless the computer is as old as yours. there have been 3 different interfaces since then.

Someone told me that any desktop PCs has PCI slots to it should work even if it has an AGP slot of PCI-E

quick question to you Dustin, When your system fails (i believe it will be soon enough) What computer will you use to look up new ones and ask questions?

Eather way for now I probley should get a Radeon 9250, GeForce FX series or GeForce 6200 since those are more affordable. But It would be nice if I can get like the GeForce 8400 GS or 9500 GT of cource.

I have a Sony PCG-R505ESP laptop that was also a gift and it's around the same age as this desktop PC. It has Windows XP Pro though not Home like this desktop. All I know that it's from my moms best friend he said they it was top of the line back then for this small 12in screened laptop. It has wireless built on it and CD burner DVD combo and has a docking station.

once AGAIN I got lead back to my statement of a pointless thread.... Dont post questions if you already know the answer OR if youre not going to accept ANYONES advice.

Ok I don't know what you are trying to say. I just said what other computers I have and about what cards I might get when I save. Apparently maybe you guys aren't understanding what I am asking or trying to do since it seems you get confused alot. Or is there something I said that was bad??? I try my best to be nice and post things I want to know. In realy life I' am a very nice guy and I used to have a boyfriend that I cared for 5 years but he never kept his promises and he was a lier. But point is I am a nice person.

I had to edit some things. I do edit things after I post so it's gets updated btw.

I'm talking about upgrading that piece of yours. THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, IS IT NOT???? Don't spend ANY MONEY IN THAT RIG! save up for new! If your going to wait till the mobo fails then why put money into it at all its likely going to fail soon for how old it is. Thats the last thing im saying please review this thread if you need anything else.

You are saying like a 10 year old TV that still work great is bad and need a new one. There is nothin wrong with this machine. Everyone buys a new TV, Computer, Stereo etc when they stop working. Why buy something when the item still works and can be upgraded or repaired? There are TVs that last 30 years and still work great since they are always repaired and taken caried off. This computer could last more than 5 years from now you know. But for now I will save up to get a better video card and then the HDD then after that I will save for a different system but I want to make the best for this one. What I like about computers though is that you can repair them by yourself and don't need to take it to the shop. Like if HDD fails then I get a new one. If Mobo fails then I can get a new one etc.....

You guys must be rich to buy new stuff just because it's older than todays.

Eather way this system works just fine for now so I will use it ok. Now no more saying about buying new system and talk more about upgrading it. :)

Well I plan to first upgrade Video card so that's I will do now.

You are saying like a 10 year old TV that still work great is bad and need a new one. There is nothin wrong with this machine. Everyone buys a new TV, Computer, Stereo etc when they stop working. Why buy something when the item still works and can be upgraded or repaired? There are TVs that last 30 years and still work great since they are always repaired and taken caried off. This computer could last more than 5 years from now you know. But for now I will save up to get a better video card and then the HDD then after that I will save for a different system but I want to make the best for this one. What I like about computers though is that you can repair them by yourself and don't need to take it to the shop. Like if HDD fails then I get a new one. If Mobo fails then I can get a new one etc.....

You guys must be rich to buy new stuff just because it's older than todays.

Eather way this system works just fine for now so I will use it ok. Now no more saying about buying new system and talk more about upgrading it. :)

There's a point where you have to say goodbye to a old tv or computer. A computer may still work but the question is whether it works well and is rather fast.

We can afford to upgrade stuff because most of the people here have jobs, by the sound of it you're old enough to get a job. I'd recommend getting one so you can get something better than what you have now. I'm done with this.

Do a full system upgrade. You will then ask yourself "what was I thinking?" after using the new computer.

Like Shozzking said, you can't hang on to everything forever.

Back
Top Bottom