DSi XL vs. Ipod Touch?

I updated my Iphone 3G to 4.0 OS and then Jail Broke it....its not tethered, and even things like winterboard and cydia work great!

Well maybe it's not that bad :p

But from my experience it's more mediocre than anything. Even with my Sony MDR's it still sounded 'flat'. This is from experience from my Nano 3G,Friend Ipod Touch and my dads iphone.

I also think my touch does pretty well for SQ. Has a little more background noise than I would like, but no worse than what I remember of the 5G. I bought it for some basic PDA functionality and got more than I hoped for, with a very good web browser and decent enough email client, so I would keep it even if it didn't sound all that great. But I do think it sounds at least as good as a 5G iPod.

I also have been saying the ITouch is damn good sounding and the new update due out shortly, version 1.1.2(around if you look good), even improves the sound more.

funny too that it does very well for comparison sake to sources such as grace 902 and lavry dac. but that is okay, if you just like bulky sounding sources, go ahead. hate apple, i am fine for it - seems the touch performed much better than the wonderful sounding kenwood as well... oh bother

Stop talking ****, the touch has quite a bit better SQ vs my Gen 5 ipod.
Also the touch uses a Wolfson DAC, the Classic is the one with the Cirrus DAC

I am also loving my iPod Touch with my depodded IM716 eims. It sounds even better on my vintage Aiwa P22 mini compo amp. Mid band glare is tamed down a bit. Sound opens up and bass gets tighter and deeper. Impressive percussive attack. Not bad for sound coming out of the iPod Touch's headphone output.

^

Thats what 5 opinions vs most of the internet? Theres no excuse for the ipods sound quality, if apple really wanted to they could fix it with a better sound chip and features such as a fully customisable EQ, not just crappy presets.

i dont really have a problem with the ipods sound, neither do 80%+ of all people who own an mp3 player.

I vote for ipod touch 3rd gen there is an unteathered JB for them now its called spirit which can JB 1st gen 2nd gen 3rd gen and ipad with one program and can easily be reverted back to non jailbroken state.
The sound quality strictly depends on what headphones you use. I used skullcandy ink'd buds on my 2g touch they sounded amazing but yesterday they broke. The apple buds are comparable to dollar store buds. 90% of people just suffer with them

You can get emulators and roms on cydia if you find and add certain repositories.

Edit: they don't make skullcandy ink'd buds anymore so I recommend the skullcandy dubs which are pretty much the sane but for 10$. THe sound quality will blow you away compared to apple's

Back
Top Bottom