What else would help?

hemp

Daemon Poster
Right now I am using Spybot, Avast, and CCleaner on a weekly basis.

My computer seems to be running a little sluggish and would like to speed it up without OC. Am I missing some program or anything that would help?

eh I find the more programs you load on to it to get rid of crap the slower it gets.

Thats just the nature of computers. I store all my important files on a NAS drive so its easy for me just to /reformat once a year, runs like a champ for months afterwards.

I have over 150gb in music an 400gb in videos. About 120gb in games. There is no reformatting going on here lol

Uncle Torrence is here for the long haul lol. I think my computer has too much crap on it.

What is "Uncle Torrence"?

Edit: I also use TuneUp Utilities 2010 to increase the overall speed of the comp

Ok one of your main problems is probbably Vista. Vista is a really sluggish OS that only sold itself on eye candy. You can manually disable its useless features like Windows Search Indexer as long as you don't touch anything critical.

I did that the day I installed vista. This has been more of a recent problem. The past year on this custom rig has been pretty much flawless.

You have all of your data stored on Your OS drive? I hope your stuff is backed up...

Back
Top Bottom