Spam Button

hmm, i was under the impression that if i sent a spam notification, that it went to the mods emails AND PMs
Like you I was under that impression.... my opinion it should be sent out in emails to the mods and that 360 second wait between reporting posts SUX!
If people misuse it you know how to deal with them.

Spam is bad on forums and will get worse if you do not deal with it quickly, get rid of the 360 sec wait.

Seen a lot of spam here and I'm hamstrung in reporting it.

I've created a suggestion thread on this here
Not sure about your idea, still slow.
I am a moderator on another forum and we have a similar Vbulliten board same as this with a report spam button but the difference to this set up is once reported all mods get the message either by PM's and emails directly to their ISP addresses... only matter of time who responds first to deal with it but Spam post usually deleted in couple of hours at most and the user banned for life.
The person who reports the spam is identified in the reported email sent out so if there is any one is abusing the system they also are dealt with.

Really simple, plus we have a Moderator list available to members only just in case members want to contact us for any queries.

I have noticed a Moderator can answer the other spammer post but not this one.
must be in the too hard basket or mods on this site do not take spamming seriously....

Take a look, I've posted in here, have I not?

+ I acknowledged there was an issue but I as a mod can't do anything about it. It's David's domain and not a setting we mods can change.

Back
Top Bottom