ACT scores?

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
For those of you who are freshman in college or have a good understanding of the different colleges, i live in california and i would be really happy if i got into UCSD or UCI. i recently got a score of 28 on my ACT test and i was wondering if that score would be good enough for these two schools, or at least most of the upperclass UC's. i feel like i should be satisfied but my guilty conscious is telling me otherwise haha..:rolleyes:

How many times have you taken it? Doesn't hurt to try a few more times. I took it 3 times. I kept taking them until my scored didn't raise anymore. Since the third time I got the same as my second time I stopped. I probably should have studied for it and taken another time. All 3 times I did essentially nothing to prepare for the test. It might also be a good idea to try and take the SAT once or twice. Elite colleges like to have those as well.

it was my first time taking the ACT. and yeah i already took sat three times haha and my ACTs were higher. im going to try sat one last time this coming october to see how it goes.

man a 28 is amazing if you want take it again... but damn a 28 is extremly good. i'm very sure you will get into these colleges as long as you had a good gpa

With all honesty, the difference factor in elite colleges are the essays. Out of all the tier 1 schools I applied to, I only got accepted to Georgia Tech. Coincidentally, GTech's essay was my best essay. I can't say for sure that the essays are the single most important factor because GTech also has a significantly high acceptance rate than the other schools I applied to. However, all signs indicate that. If you're looking to go into the sciences (engineering, etc) a strong math and science score will suffice. You shouldn't need to get a 34+ (although it would help).

oh okay, becasue i got a 33 on math and 27 on science for ACT's
i just need to figure out which of my classes are counted as weighted because i know all APs are weighted. but ive heard some honors are as well.. is that true?

Each university has their own evaluation for transcripts. I would take the ACT a few more times if I were you. Try to get 30+ on both math and science. You don't necessarily have to do it on the same tests. Some schools (ie: GTech) look at your supercomposite; that is, they look at the highest in each section from various tests. For example, my first ACT I got a 35 in science and 28 in math (don't really know what happened there). On my third, I got 32 in science and 35 in math. GTech took my math and science to be both 35 since they were the highest out of multiple tests.

having more credit than you are supposed to shows you have the initivate to keep going and do better also... uat said it was a very good thing i had 15 extra credit cuz it put me number 5 in the acceptance catagory.

^ I'm not sure how much that really affects admission. I pretty much had a minor in math by the time I graduated high school; that didn't seem to help very much.

ok well im going to be a senior next year so i basically have one more chance next sept.;is the thing where you said they take your supercomposite really true? never heard of that lol

Back
Top Bottom